Sign in to follow this  
Guest tascaso

Can't say I didn't try...

Guest Blue Skyy

I'm currently enrolled in a 737-800 course here at Embry-Riddle. Basically a type rating course but no type rating at the end :(. I'll receive ~16 hours of Level D sim time though in a new Level D (beats the old 1900D that we have here on campus). Pretty sweet. I'd love to ask this guy some questions.Hehe.skyy

Guest odog

mike, You're a great guy, I had the pleasure of going to the 2k4 focus group with you. Dont let this get to you, Im glad to see your back, and that you publicly finger these "types" maybe tools like him will think twice before going off half cocked (lit) on a less mature note...Who's up for a rumble? lets head over there now and settle this... who's with me? YEEAAAAAHHHHHH (hands in the air running out the door chanting "AVSIM,AVSIM...)(turns)hello? :-)

Guest ba747heavy

I'm with you, lets go kick some, well, you know :D"Avsim, avsim!!!!":-lol

Guest Ian Ritchie

> You remember those folks over there don't you? The>ones that called us "Avsim refugees" back when our screenshot>forum was down.I'm not going to flame, but..I considered a refugee as someone who comes to a 'safe haven' and leaves again when it is safe. Did most primarily avsim users come back to fs.com when the avsim piccies forum reopened?

I thought ERAU had a 737-300 or 400 Level D, not a -800?

Eric 

Given the nature of the comments, I think you were remarkably restrained in your reply.The arrogance (and not to mention obvious baiting) was dripping off that e-mail you received.I'd be inclined to look at this way:The man/boy/troll/billy no mates (delete as appropriate) is clearly someone with a shallow outlook. Why worry about the opinion of someone like that? Criticism, good or bad, is fine by me. If something's wrong, then point it out. But it's the motivation behind doing so that makes the difference. Criticism is only useful when it's constructive. The e-mail deserved less attention than you generously gave it, and has over run it's budget on my time typing about it. I'm sure you're capable of discerning intelligent contributions regarding your work as opposed to the trash, and I've seen plenty of them in the last thread on similar lines. You and your products to the community are held in high regard by those with in a genuine interest in flight simulation - don't concern yourself with the rest.

I'll apologise to making that comment sound like it was directed to ALL at Flightsim. It wasn't intended to be so. But the event still burns in my memory just the same. As for contacting anyone there regarding password, yes I have and no reply. I also uploaded the 738 package there days ago and still have yet to see it posted. When they DO post anything, the fact that it takes them 2 days to do so is a bit annoying. No one can say its because of the amount of files they receive because when you upload to their library you can see the files that have been uploaded. The the amount of files are not overwhelming that you could blame it on volume.I have reserved thoughts about Flightsim. I used to enjoy the site, but that was long ago. Now I just go there out of neccesseity to distribute our files, and as recent events have shown, thats becoming a task as well. So to all the "good lil' FS'ers" I offended with my comment, I apologise again. We've got our own proportions here as well of "bad apples" to deal with. It's not fair to say they all reside there (tho most of them do-sometimes). :-lolMike

Guest Blue Skyy

Flight Safety got rid of it. The one we use now is located in Orlando. The 1900 and 737 course is now being replaced by a CRJ course with a level 6 FTD, should be in a sylabus in fall of '03 or spring of '04.skyy

Guest drobson

One of the reasons for files not being made available immediately, is that, to my knowledge, there is only one person doing this. Another, is that each and every file is scanned for viruses before being made available.Are you sure the upload completed successfully? I don't see anything related to the FFX -800 waiting to be uploaded. (Unless I've missed something).Darrell

Guest HeavyFan

Hey MIKE! Love your groups 737 they are great!! I I was you, if these Wannabe Pilots just get thier jolly's for Bashing Freeware group's, and not trying to HELP you out with beeter info for the FDE's! I say Next time you see that kind of BASHING for your Group! next time just hit that GREAT "DELETE" Button, will solve all your problem's,!!!! we Don't need or you guy's Don't need jerk's like that that calim to be this and that and Don't help out at all! So Don't take it personal just hit DELETE!!!! keep up the great work FFX guy's and look fowad to more 737's and that L-1011!! MIKE-:)

Erick and I were debating on reattempting it. I may resend the files when I get a chance. To the best of my knowledge, it loaded correctly. It was a few days ago, so I don't remember exactly.Mike

Guest Rockcliffe

I'd been meaning to complain about the 3.5 degree cruise angle versus the 2 degree cruise angle myself, but I'm too busy with my job as a 747 pilot with Cathay Pacific. :-lol :-lol :-lolKeep up the fine work and try to ignore the ingratesBlairCYOW

Mr. Baumann,Not that it matters, or makes a difference to you, but I would like to appologize for a complete moron like this one you have posted the e-mail from. If he were my child, as I am fairly certain he is a very young person, I would have him bent over a knee for insulting someone that GAVE him something for free. Not only something, but a very, very well done 738.I think you know, and at risk of stating the obvious, that this child is not a real pilot. I would dare to say that the closest he has come to seeing a real aircraft was noting the shiny dot in front of the large 'smoke trail' going over him on occasion.These are the e-mails that, as I am well aware from receiving them myself as a designer for another game, that you cannot help but let get to you. The only consulation is knowing that the idiot that wrote the e-mail will be miserable for the rest of him life, probably, and his e-mail will only upset you for a few hours.Regards, and thank you & your entire group for all of your hard work!---Thank all FREEWARE DESIGNERS, you do a GREAT job!---

Guest Toni Rauch

MikeThere's no way that this 'bozo' is a real pilot - his credibility went right down the pan as soon as the insults started and NO airline pilot would be that amateur and childish...As has been suggested here, simply ignore such posts. They're simply not worth the angst.IMHO, the 737-800 you and the team have given us is a great aircraft and I challenge anyone to find a better one (commercial or freeware).Your work (and the 'team' of course) is very appreciated, all the more so as it's freeware and as such, NO-ONE has any right to complain....Toni.