Sign in to follow this  

Identifying Unpainted AI Aircraft

Hi Being an avid user of project ai repaints, i currently have several hundred repaints flying around. However, every so often i come across a parked aircraft that has no painted texture - usually caused by a typo when it was installed (possibly several weeks previously.) This generally poses no problems if, and it's a big if, i can tell which aircraft is at fault. Knowing the flight number of the unpainted aircraft would simplify things. I know fs can label ai aircraft with their flight number - but not when on the ground. Does anyone know of a way or a utility whereby parked aircraft can be indentified ?Any help much appreciatedDon

Guest waltch

Well, Don, I had the same problem a couple of times.However, all my AI-aircraft are named in such a way in the aircraft.cfg file that they appear in the FS2002 selection under a separate category (like al PAI, all FSP or Aardvark-aircraft, of course with the sub-category according to aircaft-types).After installing a new AI-airline I always go first into the FS2002 aircraft selection and check all the new aircraft of this installed airline. There you would also immediately see if there is a texture missing because of a typo.Maybe you just can go thru all the aircraft in your FS2002 aircraft selection and find the ones you want.Walter

WalterYou're absolutely right in what you say, i think i'll have to be a bit more disciplined after installing ai aircraft !!! Unfortunately, sometimes i'll install "em masse" a whole series of project ai aircraft and am, perhaps, slightly lazy...However, the small utility suggested in the first reply sounds interesting and useful as well.Thanks Don