Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobA

More FSCOF Screen Shots!

Go where, Chris? I believe you meant Hornit's review, but my firewall has blocked it...

Great shots, thanks for the link, Thad!Only disappointment for me: aircrafts and as it seems also buildings still cast sharp shadows during heavy snowfall and heavy rain (and I guess also when the sky is overcast). Yes, I know this can happean in reality, very rarely though!I do not understand, why MS is not able to solve this problem. This can't be too difficult.Wolfgang

Neither...I travel often, and plug my laptop in to my host's network. Most have firewalls in place....Does Hornit's review include some screenshots, btw? I'm anxious to see the detail level used to maintain such fps...-John

>I'm impressed with several things I see in the photos:>>> Additional options for AI aircraft labels.>>Being able to see the AI altitude and make of aircraft is a>nice addition, plus some of the other new label settings.>>> The way the cloud base illuminates as the lightning extends>to the ground is very nice. The thickness of the bolt is also>much better.>>> Taxiway signs everywhere... Yes!>>And they are not overly sized like with other add-on signs.>>> New runway textures. >>> More interactive options on the ATC windows.>>The ability to chose a different runway after listening to>ATIS and before contacting ground was a nice touch. With Radar>Contact you have to call ground and get a runway assignment>before you are able to request a different runway. Doesn't>make sense when ATIS tells you the active runway.>>> Twilight is a very nice effect.>>> It's great to see MS taking some of Richard Harvey's>brilliant ideas from FLY and placing them into FS. Bravo!>>I'm sure we are in for more subtle suprises, but thanks to>FSMagazine for the preview. :-)> I like the lighter color of the taxiways, as it should make it easier to navgate the airport at night.

Guest RobA

Hi Bruce, I'm going to pass on your comments to JD if it's ok. ;-) We're still beta testing ver 3.1 that has AI awareness. Might be able to sneak this request in. :-) Redding isn't starting to warm up......it's hot already!!! sheeesh As usual Spring turns into Summer over one weekend around here. But, the scenery at Lake Shasta has improved with the weather. lolBest, Rob