Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

FSCOF - Preinstall question

This is not to beta testers, but a general question for anyone who has upgraded to DX 9.x.... Aside from FS, has anyone seen any issues with other third party apps, whether they be CAD, other sims, graphics programs, games? Anything you couldn't run?I am just curious what those who've taken the plunge to DX-9 have seen. I haven't upgraded, simply because the dial-up download time is a bit too steep.... So I'm waiting for it to appear on the COF CD....-John

Nor here. I got my copy off a magazine CD.Mike

Guest JonP01

Absolutely zero problems. Totally stable, no issues whatsoever. Running Win98SE.

Guest JonP01

Yes, I thought I was living on borrowed time with 98SE, but to be honest I have never been more satisfied than with my current rig - still running 98SE, but on fairly reasonable hardware - an Athlon XP 2400 with Geforce Ti 4200. The only reason I made the upgrade to DX 9.0a is that I wanted to make sure there were absolutely zero issues before I spent the $100 AUD on FS2004. I expect to remain with 98SE until FS2006 (or whatever they call it) comes out. Frugal on memory and low on overheads, 98SE remains a great gaming OS imo. Possibly it's excellent performance in this respect remains a slight embarrassment to MS, but I am extremely grateful FS2004 supports it.

Guest flightpro08

I've run both DirectX 9.0 and DirectX 9.1 and have had no issues with any of the software I use. While running the DirectX 9 series, I've played (without any problems):-FS2k2-Counter Strike-BattleField 1942-Planetside (Beta and Retail)I haven't seen any improvments over the DirecX 8 series, but that's to be expected as I'm only running a GeForce4 Ti4600.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Testerhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.86 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

DX9 caused my Janes F-18 simulator to screw up in Air to Air master mode. Its confirmed that its a DX9 issue. If you fly without FSAA then its fine. Kind of sucks but its worth it due to the gameplay for me. First real DX9 problem i have seen, no biggy really, but its a shame the newer hardware and software will render older great games unplayable at some point.Hornit