Sign in to follow this  

Need AFCAD Help

Hi All,Need some help from the experts. I've delved into making layered airports lately, with much success. I've done about 15 so far, putting all the airlines at the proper terminals and gates. But I've run into one problem. I use third party AFCAD's and modified them to custom fit each layer at each airport. When I did KSEA, I had a problem with aircraft being stuck at hold short red nodes on taxiways. I managed to solve that by putting blue nodes on all taxiways (except at the end of each runway for obvious reasons). The problem I am having is this. All aircraft land on 16R and take off on 16L and vice versa. That part works fine. But I have this darn annoying problem of aircraft taxiing BACK OUT onto the active landing runway after they have exited. It's driving me nuts, I've checked all I think I can, but I can't get rid of the problem. Any ideas?P.S. For you future AFCAD makers, it is not necessary to put a hold short (red dot) node on each and every taxiway. I know why you did this, because you are probably using a third party ATC system. No need to worry, AI aircraft will follow FS ATC regardless, and hold short if you or other aircraft are on the runway. So the hold short nodes are pointless.Any help with the errant taxi problem would be appreciated.

The hold short nodes are also used for the planes to stop after exiting the runway and contacting ground. Without the node the planes won't stop while contacting ground. Some people like that, others don't...--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest seev_39

If I may guess, the problem you have with AI a/c going back to the runway instead of proceeding to the gate is due to the layers you made.Just thinking with some logic, the a/c "looks" for a gate to park. Since on a certain specific layer it can not "find" a gate with a proper size it has to go somewhere - so it takes off again.If I would be the pilot maybe I do the same, thinking my airline gave me a wrong flight plan - Just kidding.Seev

Guest MiguelSantos

Sorry,I don't believe in that totally. The problem may be the position of the reference point or the control tower. I had a similar problem at LFPG.If you have 2 or more overlays, check the position, and if you are using diferent ground frequencies for each overlay, try with the same frequencies for all.Tell us the results.Miguel