Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Want More FS2004?

Guest Mike707

Thanks for the link. The pictures give great perspective of the upcoming release.

Hi!Great link! Looks like MS has kidnaped some Mac developers for the new menu! Have you seen the new fuel and payload option, very cool. The weather looks really good as already seen on various screens, but I'm very disappointed that they didn't create some wet effects on ground during rain. Is it that difficult to add some spray and water reflections?Toby

Guest theo

Thanx for the link!Just been through all the pics and FS2004 looks outstanding! :-eek Schipol and the surrounding areas look like the've improved dramatically.I also liked the KLM building,although I didn't see much improvement to O'Hare. The cockpit or VC(I'm not quite sure which one it was)of the Learjet was fantastic :9 but I,m not so sure of the overhead panels in the Boeings-look a bit dated to me. :-erks Same with the DC3.All the new ATC options look exciting!The major improvement has to be the weather.The clouds,rain and snow effects are vey cool!I also liked the new look of FS2004 (light blue instead of dark blue).I think it will be a great success even with all the criticism! :-beerchug I do know one thing for sure,my hands will be all over FS2004 when it's released! :-outtaTheo, South Africa:-sun1

Stunning pics! I'm really surprised at the amount of detail they've brought into EHAM, including roads and surrounding photographic textures-they've missed out on the new Polderbaan (18R/36L) though!Anyway, it's the weather effects that will make this sim really shine (or pour with rain ;-) ) I think! No repetitive patterns, stunning clouds...I'm also a bit surprised at all the exposure they are giving it already, almost -dare I say it- almost as if it might be released a little earlier than expected...Thanks for the link!Martijn

Great pics....and I'm really excited about getting the new sim.Too bad the pics didn't show much of the 2D panels. Seems like the Virtual panel is more popular. I like the VC panel only when using Active Camera Pro, because you get a feeling of turbulence, and movement when on the runway. Especially true if you use a FF joystick. Stan

Doc,Thanks for the link to the great pics. WOW! Looks like one mighty fine and sweet GPS. Did anyone else break out into a cold sweat thinking of frame rates?

Yes- Frame rates have been on my mind a lot with regard to this upcoming product. I can't wait until the full review is completed.Robb

Guest kurtj

Very nice shots. We are in for a real treat of a Flight Simulator here. I have to say I like daylight shots, but the dusk shots are outstanding. In some future shot releases though I would like to see more desert shots in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and maybe Utah. Also some international desert zones such as the Great Victoria Desert, Sahara Desert, Arabrain Desert etc.

Guest Joshieca

Keep in mind that ALL of the software out there for FS2004 are still in the beta stages....I am sure that MS will do a final code optimization before they go golden....lets hope that the frame rates are high with lots of those "effects" turned on.But yes, it all looks to be very cool.....I am more than ready to make the switch.

Wow...thanks first time seeing those...great!

Guest Joshieca

Looks like the same post got posted again...people really should read the posts before making two posts about the same thing.:D