Sign in to follow this  
Chase

LIBRARY IS STILL DOWN

All:First we want to thank EVERYONE for their continued support, donations, and patience in these very trying times. I'm very proud to be the Director of the file library and see our team prevail even in the worst.I made this post because we are still inundated with e-mails, posts, and PMs telling us the library is down. Trust me, we know :). We are working day and night to resolve the final quirks that are keeping us offline for now. PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE, do NOT make any more posts about the library being down. The more we have to respond to the same posts saying the same response, the less time we have dedicated to the library reconstruction.Thank you for your understanding.Respectfully,Chase Kreznor

Guest Chairborne

Thank you! This says it all.

Guest Wavey_Gravy

Thanks Chase! That is just what we needed! I don't understand why everyone thinks the world is going to end because the library is still offline. There are several other websites, such as Flightsim and Simviation, that have extensive file libraries. Since I compile a lot of my own AI traffic, I always use Avsim to get my files. Even though Flightsim does not have repaints for the ERJs and CRJs, I am using the good ole' PAI models for now. Once the Avsim library comes online once again, I will be sure to update all of my packages to include newer models. So, to put things in simple terms, even though the library is down, I'm still alive and free. The world will not come to an end because of it. -Skylar :(

Well said Chase.Here's something radical. How about imposing a temporary ban on anyone asking about when the library will be up and running again? Hopefully, the message will then begin to sink in.

Guest Chairborne
Well said Chase.Here's something radical. How about imposing a temporary ban on anyone asking about when the library will be up and running again? Hopefully, the message will then begin to sink in.
Maybe by virtue of the 51% rule such a suggestion is over the line. Indeed, it is tedious, redundant and bothersome for the moderators to continue to answer the same matter and close threads accordingly, but banning members, even temporarily, would cause a rift, would it not? As mundane as it is reading and closing people's threads on this matter, this is a form of diplomacy and gentility which can be the only remedy for the matter. If anything, banning users will create a division faster than you can say "library reconstruction". IMHO, the moderators are doing a good enough job continuing this approach, as it is certainly the most civil one of all. In time, this all shall pass.

Take your time. It took me ONE whole day to recover 400G of data in my hdd, so I could imagine the time needed for the files size avsim has.

Danny F

Maybe by virtue of the 51% rule such a suggestion is over the line. Indeed, it is tedious, redundant and bothersome for the moderators to continue to answer the same matter and close threads accordingly, but banning members, even temporarily, would cause a rift, would it not? As mundane as it is reading and closing people's threads on this matter, this is a form of diplomacy and gentility which can be the only remedy for the matter. If anything, banning users will create a division faster than you can say "library reconstruction". IMHO, the moderators are doing a good enough job continuing this approach, as it is certainly the most civil one of all. In time, this all shall pass.
I know it's over the line but that's how I was feeling at the time, still do, but there you go.I do think that some people don't understand the words dipolmacy and gentility and a good dose of Arnietreatment does the trick.

Guest ND6849C
All:First we want to thank EVERYONE for their continued support, donations, and patience in these very trying times. I'm very proud to be the Director of the file library and see our team prevail even in the worst.I made this post because we are still inundated with e-mails, posts, and PMs telling us the library is down. Trust me, we know :). We are working day and night to resolve the final quirks that are keeping us offline for now. PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE, do NOT make any more posts about the library being down. The more we have to respond to the same posts saying the same response, the less time we have dedicated to the library reconstruction.Thank you for your understanding.Respectfully,Chase Kreznor
Can't you put a seperate link off of the homepage? When someone clicks on the File Libary link (at leat till it's fixed. Have it link right to a page that you can update as you need that says just what you said.That being said, I think I speak on behalf of most Flight Simmers...we anxiously await the File Library's return!----ND6849C

Can't you put a seperate link off of the homepage? When someone clicks on the File Libary link (at leat till it's fixed. Have it link right to a page that you can update as you need that says just what you said.That being said, I think I speak on behalf of most Flight Simmers...we anxiously await the File Library's return!----ND6849C
We did have it some time ago sir, but it seems it has been removed. The information will be posted on the library link once again.

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Guest ThatGuy1984

thanks guys for all your hard work! avsim is and always will be my favorite flight sim website!

Guest virtualpilot45
Can't you put a seperate link off of the homepage? When someone clicks on the File Libary link (at leat till it's fixed. Have it link right to a page that you can update as you need that says just what you said.----ND6849C
I agree, its infuriating seeing 'check out new library uploads!', then rushing to the link, only to find its not there :(

Guest Chairborne
I agree, its infuriating seeing 'check out new library uploads!', then rushing to the link, only to find its not there :(
We all know the library is down until further notice. The best indicator, aside from an announcement in the Forums and on the home page is when you see the usual "Friday's Files on Final", "Tuesday's Files on the Ramp" stuff.

Infuriating? Really?

Guest ricar144

I have a suggestion of putting the orriginal mesage on the FAQ or set it as pinned so everyone will see this mesage.