Sign in to follow this  
Chase

LIBRARY IS STILL DOWN

And a flame you get, albeit as civilised as possible.Is this what it comes down to? Libelious ridicule and using our donations for information leverage? Is this the new facade of desperation? Stop and think a moment: we're all eager to get back into the file libraries, myself not being the least of us, but what good is it going to do requesting these constant "state of the site addresses"? These people have better things to do...namely, get the library back up to snuff quickly as monetarily, technologically and humanly possible, partly because they don't want to hear the bickering anymore. They can't just break off to respond to every information request, whether the requestor made a donation or not. Let them do their job without interruption.Earlier, some wise chap here posted that he was trying to fix an airplane for his employer, who was making calls every hour or so. To respond to these calls required walking several hundred feet to the telephone and back. Then he had to go back, regroup, get back on track, and once back in the groove...another desperate call from the boss for info. Bear in mind, this was in the days before cellphones. If I was that mechanic, I would've walked away and told the guy to fix it himself. They don't pay enough to merit that kind of servitude.The only credit I can assign to you in this flame is that at least you didn't drop a number regarding your donation, and personally, I'd rather you kept that information to yourself.You also realise that we're dealing with multi-terabytes of information, right? It's not easy to scan every file for viruses, integrity and then categorise/collate them to a semblance of how they once were. Bear in mind that both the main library and the backup were attacked. We're lucky it wasn't all summarily erased. If so, an average person would've thrown in the towel and walked off. But then again, it'd end these endless, pedestrian questions of "When will the library be back up?", wouldn't it?Avsim is a corporation, yes...but since when did donations equal shareholding? I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated this File Library subforum altogether, because all people are doing is complaining, and some of them are trying to muscle in. God bless our Almighty Media for coddling and conditioning us into our current attitude of entitlement.
Well said! Satan388 only joined the forum today and that was his first post. I wonder what his agenda is?Unlike some others, I recognise that forums are for discussion and anyone can comment on any post. That's the whole idea of forums - free exchange of opinions and information. If I see an opinion that I disagree with, I am free to respond - just as the original poster was free to post it.

Guest RobertAlley

Ya don't know whatcha got.... till it's gone...Well I hope it comes back soon but it's not worth bloodshed!Robert Alley

Satan388......You old devil you! :( FLAME ME OH FLAME ME!How I love those flamesred hot and burning brightlicking up my fuselageas i soar across the nightsky playing my FS games.Keats 1356Ode to a BoeingCheers your old mate Beelzebub :( PS GAME SIR!GAME!How dare you!

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Dear AllI will strongly recommend all to stick to the topicThe library will be back when all files are recovered and the library is fully tested and found stable enough to operate 100%With that said, the library will also not be public until we have all related functions at 100% and the library is secure for normal operation. With that said, please discuss the topic at hand, this is a pinned information thread and should not be a place to discuss donations and other things not related to the file library status update.We ask for you patients and understanding!

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Chairborne, I have to say I am getting sick of reading your rants on this forum. Your attacks on other forum users are wearing thin with me (and many others that I know of). Since when did you become the voice of AVSIM, officially or otherwise?
Really! I agree . . . and thank you for this mcbellette!! Jeez, maybe, Chairborne you should lighten up on that "see-YAT-ul" coffee, eh?The (very) funny video in the link posted earlier in this thread may have been done out of humour and with tongue firmly in cheek, but the sentiments and frustrations expressed are pretty much right on the money. That being said, since we're all pretty powerless in this situation so I'm still expressing my support for the volunteer staff.

Guest bcush10663
I agree, its infuriating seeing 'check out new library uploads!', then rushing to the link, only to find its not there :(
Yes this is outrageous, it is a crime. I think we are all entitled to a 100% refund. $0.00 for everybody! Would that satiate your fury, and make things okay?

Yes this is outrageous, it is a crime. I think we are all entitled to a 100% refund. $0.00 for everybody! Would that satiate your fury, and make things okay?
"AH

Guest Phantoms
I is already redirected to the appropriate staff, not sure why the information is not yet shown on the library page, but I will make an effort toinvestigate this further
Tom, perhaps get an estimate of when it will be back up, quadruple it and then post that as the expected time for it to be back up. A post of days instead of weeks by Tom A. only provided fuel to fire some of these impatient people's posts (and probably a lot of trolls that already had a beef with Avsim for some reason or another). Heavily overestimating the return would of gave people a pleasant surprise if it came back sooner and the idiots could have been pointed to the post every time they complained.

Tom, perhaps get an estimate of when it will be back up, quadruple it and then post that as the expected time for it to be back up. A post of days instead of weeks by Tom A. only provided fuel to fire some of these impatient people's posts (and probably a lot of trolls that already had a beef with Avsim for some reason or another). Heavily overestimating the return would of gave people a pleasant surprise if it came back sooner and the idiots could have been pointed to the post every time they complained.
I read that post my self, but as many of you all know already, Tom A and his crew have already informed the public that they cannot estimate a time frame of the re-construction of the file library and we all need to respect that with our patients.I too would love to see the file library back online, nothing would please me more to once again get my hads dirty managing the librarywith the best team ever, but as all know, better let the service team to their work so that the library will return more stable than ever and of course ten times as secure..Is that not something to wait for? I have used this library a long time now, both by contributing to the library and assist to manage the library, I love the news and reviews and did prior to my involvement with AVSIM visit the library at least once a day to catch up on those lovely new files for my simulator, I could be I missed a repaint or twohow horrible right :)I know there are many out there that is getting inpatient with the long overdue re-opening, I know how you feel, but the library is of course extremely large in sizeand the re-construction team need to have the time they need to complete their excellent workUntil then, it does not matter to me how long it takes as long as they get there in the end..

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Agree with Phantoms.You guys are doing a great job but I think much of the emails and questions is due to keep saying the library will be back "in a few days" and then it isn't.It's like Boeing and the Dreamliner first flight all over again :(

Are there going to be new indexing systems added to the library?And all the security improvements and hopefully a good backup this time wil take time, I'm sure.It is a clich

Meet the Fokkers

Guest Chairborne
Chairborne, I have to say I am getting sick of reading your rants on this forum. Your attacks on other forum users are wearing thin with me (and many others that I know of). Since when did you become the voice of AVSIM, officially or otherwise? That's how your messages come across whether you want to believe it or not. I've been around on AVSIM a lot longer than you but don't take it upon myself to be their megaphone. AVSIM have not responded to the post by satan388 yet, so lets wait and see if they do so. If they don't, read into it what you will. Until then, I think you'd be better off keeping your mouth shut and confining your comments to topics that you actually have the knowledge and authority to comment on. The way AVSIM is run is not one of those topics. Lets just let AVSIM staff get on with their job without these childish distractions, okay?
What is your problem? You are taking this a little out of context. I'd like to agree with your sentiments on 'how others feel', but so far, you are the only one. Please calm down.OK, I'm done with it, as asked for by an admin.

Hey dudes, smoke a joint! Peace and freedom to all who cherish it. Make love not war! Remember the first of September?

Meet the Fokkers

Guest Chairborne
Hey dudes, smoke a joint! Peace and freedom to all who cherish it. Make love not war! Remember the first of September?
I don't partake of the green, leafy substance, for many reasons:(1) It is illegal in the United States, barring some 'looking the other way' in the instances of glaucoma, MS, cancer (either terminal or otherwise) or divers other afflictions and ailments;(2) I live within 1,000 feet of a school property;(3) My daughter needs a father with no criminal record, and the exemplification of such;(4) Everyone in my locale who smokes the stuff is an absolute loser, in the eyes of society, their families and the law.I do, however, have several substitutes for the Other Oregano: Flight Simulator, Nissans, my children, keeping the cars of hardworking families running (for free, parts excluded), Classic Rock, my cat, my friends, culinary arts, graphics design, FS scenery devlopment & AFCAD airport hyperaccurisation (Thanks in infinite proportions to David "Opa" Marshall for the tutelage, tools and mentorship) and travelling (I just got back from a trip to Phoenix). Based on that, I'd say I have a well-rounded life. And even if I had money left over, I'd put it to some use other than the wacky tobacky. But to each their own. Onward! :)