Sign in to follow this  
Guest cast1010

**WOW** - A few unique shots of FS2004

Normally, my reactions to FS2004 screenshots have been kept inside... The first picture in this set made me verbally blurt out a holy "shiznit" when I saw it.http://edirectamerica.com/fs04/utfs04/Edit: There's a first set as well... (Including Princess Juliana!)http://edirectamerica.com/fs04/index.htmEdit #2 : I just noticed this was already linked on what is currently page 2 of the forums under the thread "FS2004 Screenshots at FS Gateway". Sorry Siggy for reposting your find!

Nice.............Notice the great dawn & dusk colors from CFS2 are back!L.Adamson

Guest Muppet22

I can't see all that detail coming without harsh performance degradation?

Guest groundpounder75

Ultimate Traffic is using the bad PAI models, like the 747-400. I don't think that is worth the money. FS looks totally amazing though!

>Ultimate Traffic is using the bad PAI models, like the>747-400. I don't think that is worth the money. FS looks>totally amazing though!With a few mouse clicks you can have any aircraft you want as AI within Ultimate Traffic ;-)Bill

Guest groundpounder75

Good point.

>With a few mouse clicks you can have any aircraft you want as>AI within Ultimate Traffic ;-)So true...so very true...and all free! :D

Guest boback

Not a very good selling point, if your screen shots have misaligned textures and bits missing off the tail, in particular, the Southwest shots.But you're right, FS2004 does look pretty special.

Guest cast1010

>Not a very good selling point, if your screen shots have>misaligned textures and bits missing off the tail, in>particular, the Southwest shots.I can't believe this. Why don't you "DO" something "GOOD" with your talent and go to PAI and work like many others there have worked to develop such a HUGE project? Yeah, I know, it is easier for you just to complain about your competition (if there is any ;) )

Guest boback

My talents are fine exactly where they are. And for your info, I was offered a role at PAI, and turned it down.

The one thing I'm going to like about FS2004 (besides the improvments we seen and heard of) is the fact that I will not have to download much airport scenery. Then I can save the hard drive space for more planes.

geez i am sick and tired of people complaining about textures this textures that PAI is FREE for God's Sake!!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest boback

Sorry your point is not valid. Just because its free, doesn't mean we should not point out its faults.

Guest IanP

And PAI package it all up nicely for the people who can't and/or don't want to spend hours writing and debugging AI schedules. That takes time and effort as well.As someone said before, it's easy to complain. If you don't like it, don't use it - or go one better, do something about it and release your own full and complete equivalent, rather than just attacking other peoples' work.Yeesh. And we wonder why developers keep dropping out of this hobby.Ian P.(P.S. I still can't wait to play with those clouds... :-hah)

you know there's still that issue of landings planes on one runway that microsoft is going to have to figure out for me to buy this (yes just my opinion) i've spent a lot of time making airports more reallistic, and i know if i can do it, m$ should be able to as well