Sign in to follow this  

FS2004: ACOF

Hi - I have some questions, which maybe somebody out there has an answer, possibially maybe even an Inside contact:1) When FS 2004 is released what will happen to the SIMFLYERS SCENERY I downloaded (and payed for). I must have invested close to $100 in their scenery and I would not be very happy if that scenery won't work in FS2004: ACOF, unless if the default scenery for IAD, DFW, EWR, MCO, LAX, PHL, LAS and (the to be released) JFK. Unless if the default scenery for FS 2004 blows the SIMFLYERS scenery away - which I really hope. 2) For those of you, including myself who download scenery from sites like AVSIM.COM (which is a great site). After setting up the scenery, we look in AFCAD to then import the taxi ways and runways. I'm sure there will be other scenery downloads made for FS2004. What will happen with those sceneries, will they be automatically set to use more then 1 runway and allow you to request a differant runway?3) How many of you get airline flight plans from ProjectAI.Com? Does anyone know if there will be a way to import these flight plans into FS2004, using a program simular to TTool or PIA installer?4) What is the CORRECT Release date for FS2004, because I have been hearing 2 dates, I heard 7/14/03 from Electronics Boutique and then everywheres else (that its printed, Including AVSIM ARTICLES) the game release date is 7/29/03, anyone know which one is correct?I'd like to thank anyone in advance who helps me to answer these questions. HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT!

29th July is what the official Microsoft Press Release told us. That's for the US, mind you. Europe probably a month or so later (fingers crossed).PAI is working on a FS2004 version of their tools, TTool is being adapted too.Dunno about the other questions, don't really use big airports ;-):-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose4.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2][/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

>1) When FS 2004 is released what will happen to the SIMFLYERS>SCENERY I downloaded (and payed for). I must have invested>close to $100 in their scenery and I would not be very happy>if that scenery won't work in FS2004: ACOF, unless if the>default scenery for IAD, DFW, EWR, MCO, LAX, PHL, LAS and (the>to be released) JFK. Unless if the default scenery for FS 2004>blows the SIMFLYERS scenery away - which I really hope. It has been reported that all add-on sceneries will work in COF with no modifications. I personally think Simflyers should take clue from Miscosoft's excellent runway and other airport lights (per latest pics) and switch to realistic taxi lights. What they have right now is simply ridiculous in this department and detracts from otherwise excellent quality of their products.Michael J.

I agree!! I actually e-mail'd simflyers and I don't think they'll do anything for people who already own their scenery, they may enhance it later on, but I don't think that upgrade would be free :(

ok first of all. knowing the true facts of the release date its July 14th so mind you.As for some of the known US photoreal airports:DALLAS*MIAMI*JFK*ATLANTA*CHICAGO OHARESAN FRANCISCOPHOENIXANCHORAGESEATTLELAS VEGAS MCCARRAN*LOS ANGELES INTL*DENVER*= airports done or planned by simflyers, since the majority of Simflyers sceneries are not gmax with the exception of JFK/LAS i advise not to place them into FS2004. As for JFK and LAS hold off before installing into FS2004 you might enjoy the FS2004.

dont get to high and mighty just yet. let simflyers and wilco, and ffg fall behind its their problem not ours.

>I got an idea!! anyone out there a programer...would it be>legal, to edit their scenery?? and then, distribute at>FREEWARE, just to get simflyers more mad, that they didn't>create a fix/update??You've got to be kidding me!! Do you have a clue as to how much work goes into designing just one of their airports??!!!How would you like it if someone did that to one of your creations? Then again, with your above statement, probably wouldn't matter, nevermind.Unbelievable!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I appoligize, and I would like to retract my last comment. I did not look at it that way. I ment it in a joking way only.Paul

>I appoligize, and I would like to retract my last comment. I>did not look at it that way. I don't ment it in a joking way.>>PaulI appreciate you seeing the error of your post and apologizing for such. I