Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisTrott

AoA problems with FF737-800

hi alli am experiencing some sort of troubles with the FFX 737-800.while flying at FL370 the aircraft always fly's 5-10 degrees nose upthis is not normal. could anyone help?thxMartin

too much anglewhen you begin to descent, you will notice that the aircraft then will fly straight and level. Hmm, not really accurate. wonder if someone could fix.cheersMartin

There,s no need for a fix. Nose up attitude for any aircraft at high altitude/high speed cruise is quite normal. The degree of attitude is dependent on speed, altitude and load. I've seen way too many people take a fully (or near full) loaded aircraft and try to rocket up to 37-41,000 feet and then complain it took them too long to do it and then its too unstable at the high altitude.If you don't adjust your fuel load for the length of the trip accordingly OR go thru step climbs (burn off fuel and weight) and fly at a reasonable-more realistic flight levels, then there is no help for you folks. I can't go on repeating myself on every release. These aircraft are not F-16's! (and even those fly with a slight nose up attitude!)MikeFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft

I know there is a few degree nose up on every plane, but just look at the pic..... I flew from Amsterdam to Madrid and I HAVE adjusted the fuel load. The elevator moves up on his own. Can't trim him down. :-waveSPL

in fact i am using your default aircraft.cfgno modification made. i have loaded for my trip of 2600 nm 80% fuel.however the AoA displays shows 10 degrees up, the aircraft is with nose up but i fly straight and level.i doubt that this is realistic. i know from Boeing specs that 3 degrees is correct.cheersMartin

Guest ChrisTrott

From Boeing specs isn't for 37,000 feet, the MAXIMUM USEFUL CRUISE ATLTITUDE FOR THE 737-800. Yes, it's certfied for 41,000, but 37,000 is as high as any operators take it, and then only when it's pretty light.80% fuel with the default configuration, is going to result in a poor performance at FL370. Try FL330 or FL350 until you get down to around 60% or 70% fuel and then move up to FL370. You'll get a MUCH better performance.Oh yeah, I did a calculation on your fuel consumption for a typical 2600nm flight, and your fuel should not be above 75% with reserves unless you're fighting some pretty strong headwinds. The 737-800 has a practical range of around 3500nm with a typical (70% of capacity) passenger load.