Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

I have something to say

Hi All, I have been a big Microsoft Flight Sim fan for a very long time. I have had Version 5, I think, 95, 98 (very good) then tried 2000. FS2000 in my opinion had very poor frame rates. I understand that my computer was probably the reason. My system was far from slow. Well I ended up buying X-PLANE. This simulator is very good but..........its always a work in progress. Out of the blue I bought FS2002 knowing it was going to run really bad. Well to my surprise this version runs great! I am really happy. The frame rate is good and the sim over all is what I expect from Microsoft. Its kind of funny I get 2002 right when 2004 is on it way. People always trash Microsoft but I really do believe they are a good company that stands by their product and produces quality software. Just my 2 cents, Jim

Guest Ian Ritchie

Bump...

"People always trash Microsoft but I really do believe they are a good company

When MS releases the sim, all the critics willwill run, barefooted; huffing & puffing & wheezing,knocking little old ladies out of the way; theirglasses on crooked & fogged up - squealing & shreikingto have their copy. Hope this has been helpful. Peter Sydney Australia

Guest Ian Ritchie

Mostly, quite true. What i look forward to most for FS2004 is it looks like all addons designed within the SDK parameters will transfer into FS2004. Sod the clouds, weather (joking) and AI. I want my Archer the day i install FS.."Always look on the briiight side of life....."

Hi Ian,"...designed within the SDK parameters " That's the magic phrase - a lot of add-ons are designed outside the SDK. I would expect that a few of them will require updates, but I don't expect anything like the 'patch frenzy' we've seen when FS2002 first came out :).Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

...while other critics will run, barefooted, huffing & puffing, to their computer, to read what that first set of critics have to say in this forum...>When MS releases the sim, all the critics will>will run, barefooted; huffing & puffing & wheezing,>knocking little old ladies out of the way; their>glasses on crooked & fogged up - squealing & shreiking>to have their copy. >>Hope this has been helpful. >Peter Sydney Australia>

Thanks Jim for saying what I've felt for so long. Microsoft and their FS team have done a great job with FS2002. With 3rd party addons it's even better. I spend much too much time flying FS2002 and trying many of the newest addons. I'm sure I'll do the same with 2004.Yes, FS2002 is basically very good. Yes, it's not perfect but it's very good and loads of us like it.Here's to the future.....Howard