Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Where is the EGT parameter in the .air file????

I have had some trouble editing the air file with aired, i copied the entire engine data from one air file to another but then i get such high EGT readings. (727FFX)I liked update concerning controlling the airplane. But the engine parameters aren t quite accurate (epr readings at idle too low and the spooling sound goes too quickly, among other issues)HELP?!?!?!?!

Guest Douglas K

Rec 540 and 1532 for Engine EGT and Turbine EPR.

Which version of Air Ed are you using? Those paramenters appear as unknown on my version.

Guest Douglas K

You need to update the AirEd .ini file. I am using one by Ron Freimuth dated 4/11/2003 available here:http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsairfile.htmlSimply click on the link under AirEd named 'updated aired.ini file', download and unzip the new .ini and copy it to the AirED folder overwriting the older version. You will want to open the file and read the text desciptions of the entries as they are somewhat different than previous editions.