Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

My wish: a functional Follow-Me car

Guest Navigator

So far I have not been able to find an Add-On with a Follow-Me car, that really runs in front of my plane, showing me the correct taxiway to/from parking . Perhaps the Progressive Taxi-function of FS2002 could be modified to guide such a car? Anyone else interested?Roland

Guest hma

Hi,There are a few sceneries offering such items (but also moving busses, tankers, airplanes, "follow me's" etc. Search for the sceneries of Bremen (Germany) and Palma (Spain) of Oliver Pabst.Incredible sceneries, really.hm

Guest Navigator

Hi hm,will try to find these sites. Thanks.Roland

Guest WorkingStiff

Over on "all nodes are currently busy.com" there's a file that might be what you are looking for.Name: fm_me01.zip Size: 217,352 Date: 03-08-2003 Downloads: 2914 FS2002 Follow-Me-Car Gauge. The Follow-Me-Gauge is a .gau file that adds a follow-me car. The car has blinking STOP and FOLLOW ME signs, working brake lights and direction indicators. Your ATC airline is shown on the back of the car, so you always will be guided by a car of your favorite airline. By Gerd Winkler.

Guest Navigator

Hi WorkingStiff,That one I have downloaded but it doesn

Guest waltch

HiI think this suggestion was made already quite a short time after FS2002 was released. Basically it would be a nice thing to replace the pink progressive taxyway line by a follow-me car that directs you to the gate.I remember some guys were against it, because they claimed that bigger airports do not use follow-me cars any more. I must say that I would not mind this, because it still would look much better than the pink line....However, I think that we still get this pink line with FS2004 and obviously MS did not pick up this suggestion (I saw screen-shot previews of FS2004 with the pink line visible).May be a clever guy will someday crack the pink line and give us a small programm that will show a follow-me care instead of the line...Would be nice in my opinion.Walter

Guest Navigator

Hi Walter,That

HiThe new scenery made by PTSIM (http://www.ptsim.com)of Madeira Islands, at Porto Santo airport you have a working "follow me" car. RegardsCMG:-)

Guest RiddlePilot

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there are hardly any follow me cars used at US airports. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen one at ATL, PHL, CLT, or MCO.What I'm getting at is that I'd rather MS have taxiway signs at ALL airports rather than a smart follow me car.