Sign in to follow this  
Guest josh0571

Problem with AFCAD slew mode

Guest josh0571

Whenever I go into SLEW mode in FS2002 after having opened an airport in AFCAD, my aircraft (can be anything) just flies off the screen (& the AFCAD map) uncontrollably. It usually happens after I hit Y on the keyboard but sometimes after CTRL+S.This has only happened recently - I've tried everything from a joystick driver reinstall, removing/reinstalling FSUIPC and & tonight even a complete FS2002 reinstall, but still no luck!Any help/suggestions would be great.Cheers! :)Josh

Try hitting F1 before exiting SLEW Mode. If FS thinks you are not on the ground, it will decide that you need to be in Cruise and off you go.

Guest RonB49

When I had that problem, it turned out to be the yoke (or joystick) not centering properly. I started disabling the joystick before hitting th "y" key and that fixed the problem. I don't remember whether you hit "k" or "Ctrl+k" but one of those turns off the joystick.Since then, I went into my FS2002.cfg and deleted all of the joystick slew definitions. You can also do that via the FS2002 Options menu if you don't want to edit the config file. R-

Guest josh0571

Hi guysMany thanks for the quick replies.Ron: that sounds like it could be the problem - my joystick callibration, etc. Will try what you did.Cheers :)Josh