Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

To people having Beechjet Framerate problems.

Just a question I've been wondering that no one has thought of yet. How many people who are having framerate problems have Active Camera installed??? Since this is an issue that only affects certain users, I 'm wondering are the users affected using Active Camera with this Beechjet. If you are using Active Camera, turn it off and see if your framerates increase. This is by no means a solution but rather a test since I can't think of anything else that some users would have installed and some not that directly affects the VC.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Really bites you are having this problem with FPS! I have yet to install this bird, because of these issues and if it is related to activa camera, I guess I am SOL as I will not fly without it! LOLHope it gets worked out!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I'm not having a problem at all... If you go to Eaglesoft's site and lookup my framerate suggestion you'll have no problem either (although you'll need to us my suggestion for 1.5gig and above machines or JohnCI's update for below 1.4gig machines). I just asked this question as to see if Active Camera makes a difference on frames concerning this bird and other aircraft like Flight1's Meridian. Just courious because this feedback could help with future projects by me and others.

FS2020 

Can you delete the virtual cockpit of this plane (and have the plane still work) to help with framerates? I never use the VC anyway.

As far as I know there's no way to delete the VC...

FS2020 

Ok I just purchased the plane and I have no framerate problems whst so ever, althought my framerates do drop alittle at night when I'm at a airport with alot of AI traffic. (but that happens with all my planes I have)

You can delete the gauges in the V/C--they are defined in the panel.cfg in the V/C sesion. Without the gauges, you basically just have an empty, or "static" bitmap, which has almost zero drain on a system. But aside from freeing up memory, deleting the gauges in the Beechjet VC don't seem to offer a change in fps--maybe one or two, but that's it. If you have ample memory, Dillon's suggestion helps a bit better. I also noticed that the zoom level of the panel is set to a wider angle than FS's default zoom level. Removing the entry under the "views" section in the panel.cfg may give a better framerate, as FS has to render less that it would otherwise have to in the wide angle view.It's an interesting question, about Active Camera. I don't use it myself, but I'm curious as to what the answers are...Other questions--the relationship of AI to panel performance, or Autogen? Is it possible that cpu intensive features of FS can really "break the camel's back" when it comes to this panel.-JohnP.S.