Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momtchil

RFP Boeing 747-200 VC view FIX

I've had the RFP Boeing 747-200 since 2005 and I still fly it sometimes - even though I do spend a lot of my FS time in the new Tupolev Tu-154M and the Level D Boeing 767 nowadays.

Its great that they released this as freeware back in 2007. I find that the freeware version (V2) runs much better, the older payware gave me some problems so I uninstalled it and now use the freeware version.

I still think its fantastic and realistic - for the most part (especially when you switch to the Delco Carousel IV-A INS). The only thing that bothered me about it was the VC view. Considering the age of this model its still pretty good and so's the VC. However the view from the VC is stuck inside the Captain's chair and you can't see when you try to look down.

I came up with a fix for this a while ago, but somehow never got around to posting it anywhere.

This is the VC fix:

You will have to edit the [Views] section in the aircraft.cfg files for the RFP 747. You will have to do this for each Vmax Boeing 747-200 aircraft folder, this is a tedious affair if you have all the repaints installed - but it is very simple and quick to do. Otherwise this fix will only work on the repaint you did this for - each official RFP repaint is installed in a separate Vmax folder inside your main FS9 aircraft folder with its own model and aircraft.cfg file.

Open the Vmax RFP B747-200 aircraft.cfg file (you can do this with Notepad) and find the [Views] section and then replace it with this:

[Views]eyepoint=96.200000,-1.499446,12.816150

//eyepoint=95.678662,-1.499446,12.816150

//(backwards-fowards; left-right; Up-Down)

Further explanation-

Basically you will find this in your RFP Boing 747-200 defaults aircraft.cfg/s view section:

[Views]eyepoint=95.678662,-1.499446,12.816150

if you change it to this (or my first example) you will fix the problem:[Views]eyepoint=96.200000,-1.499446,12.816150

This problem is caused by the original developer placing the view too far back in the VC - so far back that you find yourself inside the seat and can't see properly - no-one fixed this when they released it as V2 freeware. Now your view in the Virtual Cockpit will not be inside the captain's chair and you can see the pedestal and bottom part of the front panel with no difficulty - Much Better!! :biggrin:

Personally I also find the view a bit too high in the VC as well - you can bring it down with 'shift+backspace'; or if you don't want to mess around with this every time you fly or press 'space' you can edit the last number in the views code (12.816150) - keep in mind this is a trial and error approach until you find the height that suits you best.

Also use this advice at your own risk, make sure you keep back ups of everything you edit! This solution worked for me with no problems and I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your system or RFP copy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had the RFP Boeing 747-200 since 2005 and I still fly it sometimes - even though I do spend a lot of my FS time in the new Tupolev Tu-154M and the Level D Boeing 767 nowadays.Its great that they released this as freeware back in 2007. I find that the freeware version (V2) runs much better, the older payware gave me some problems so I uninstalled it and now use the freeware version.I still think its fantastic and realistic - for the most part (especially when you switch to the Delco Carousel IV-A INS). The only thing that bothered me about it was the VC view. Considering the age of this model its still pretty good and so's the VC. However the view from the VC is stuck inside the Captain's chair and you can't see when you try to look down.I came up with a fix for this a while ago, but somehow never got around to posting it anywhere.This is the VC fix:You will have to edit the [Views] section in the aircraft.cfg files for the RFP 747.You will have to do this for each Vmax Boeing 747-200 aircraft folder, this is a tedious affair if you have all the repaints - but it is very simple and quick to do. Otherwise this fix will only work on the repaint you did this for - each official RFP repaint is installed in a separate Vmax folder inside your main FS9 aircraft folder with its own model and aircraft.cfg file.Open the Vmax RFP B747-200 aircraft.cfg file (you can do this with Notepad) and find the [Views] section and then replace it with this:[Views]eyepoint=96.200000,-1.499446,12.816150//eyepoint=95.678662,-1.499446,12.816150//(backwards-fowards; left-right; Up-Down)Further explanation-Basically you will find this in your RFP Boing 747-200 defaults aircraft.cfg(s) view section:[Views]eyepoint=95.678662,-1.499446,12.816150if you change it to this (or my first example) you will fix the problem:[Views]eyepoint=96.200000,-1.499446,12.816150This problem is caused by the original developer placing the view too far back in the VC - so far back that you find yourself inside the seat and can't see properly - no-one fixed this when they released it as V2 freeware.Now your view in the Virtual Cockpit will not be inside the captain's chair and you can see the pedestal and bottom part of the front panel with no difficulty - Much Better!! biggrin.png Personally I also find the view a bit too high in the VC as well - you can bring it down with 'shift+backspace'; or if you don't want to mess around with this every time you fly or press 'space' you can edit the last number in the views code (12.816150) - keep in mind this is a trial and error approach until you find the height that suits you best.Also use this advice at your own risk, make sure you keep back ups of everything you edit! This solution worked for me with no problems and I am not responsible for any damage you may do to your system or RFP copy.
momtchilThank you for your vc fix. We sometimes take you guys for granted.