Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

Poll: Will MS patch 2004? :)

Guest SoarPics

Gotta agree with you about "wildly jumping the gun". That's just about the wildest jump I've seen in quite a while.:-)

Guest ba747heavy

>Wait, I thought that 2004 was a patch for 2002! :D:-lol :-lol

turner, I have yet to see in any flight sim for a patch, that's provide tottaly new weather engine, sky/lights system, new coding, new detailed airports, new Atc feature,new aircraft new AI traffic feature, improved autogen data, ground texture, new data for ground, Improved Mesh, new capability for the 3rd party etc.All What I have seen from patch in any flight, is only to fix the major buggy engine and save the franchise by force! but never add feature!Patch and new feature is completly differents, from a patch you can only have to fix existent data, but not implement new feature or improving, such as 2d to 3d clouds, Ai traffic, Atc etc. Cheers!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Howdy Chris, Wasn't >me< that suggested that...Cheers,Andrew>turner,> I have yet to see in any flight sim for a patch, that's>provide tottaly new weather engine, sky/lights system, new>coding, new detailed airports, new Atc feature,new aircraft>new AI traffic feature, improved autogen data, ground texture,>new data for ground, Improved Mesh, new capability for the 3rd>party etc.>>All What I have seen from patch in any flight, is only to fix>the major buggy engine and save the franchise by force! but>never add feature!>>>Patch and new feature is completly differents, from a patch>you can only have to fix existent data, but not implement new>feature or improving, such as 2d to 3d clouds, Ai traffic, Atc>etc. >>>Cheers!>>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>>[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons>For MsFs>

>Patch and new feature is completly differents, from a patch you can >only have to fix existent data, but not implement new feature or >improving, such as 2d to 3d clouds, Ai traffic, Atc etc. Some patches do include new features.Sometimes an almost complete feature will not make it into the initial release but will be part of a later released patch. Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Rockcliffe

Who cares about a patch. I want to know more about fs2006! :-lol

Sorry, you will have to wait for 2008 for that. That's when Microshaft will patch FS2006, which is actually a patch for FS2004, which is actually a patch with a few CPU draining additions like whispy clouds and rain effects, which is, of course, what we all know is to be a patch for FS2002, which is most definitely a patch with a few CPU draining additions like autogen and ATC for that slug FS2000, which...Sorry, I had to jump on that one...Robb

Guest Timbo

Paying $55 usually means you get a brand new game. FS2004 is far from a brand new game... I've decided to wait until the add-ons I want to get start requiring it and my FS2002 add-ons start getting patched. MS can say what they will, but a lot of add-ons will probably need patches, especially the ones that push the limits.[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table

lol!Still flying it in my head... and patching it in there, too. On the motion-platform in my mental basement, of course.Short development cycle and almost no cost for testing.Andrew>You mean people are still flying FS2004 without a patch :)?>>Cheers,>>Gosta.>>http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg> >

Hi, "Paying $55 usually means you get a brand new game. FS2004 is far from a brand new game..."So Brand new game means, all works great, incredible feature and fluid frame rate? example: fs98 to fs2000. Fly! to Fly IITim I think your expectation are too high like many , revamping fs2002 from totally new graphics engine is impossible at this time cpu system market are not available, video card are too much low in memory. You should have to wait 1 years to 2, to see these computer and better graphics cards. Having 512x512 or 1024x0124 generic ground texture in Msfs, plus photo sat, landclass, for having better resolution and details, you will have crap stutters, and will even not run on a 3.4hgz 3d card 256meg, 1024 ram, more your texture is larger in bytes and meg, more you will need larger 4x graphics card and cpu. In fs we talk about major amount of power needed because of the huges amount of texture in fs. You have a small part of the anwser here..Battlefield, Unreal 2003 etc, Still not using the amount of details that's Fs have with the calculation x, y, z, they get huge in performance at full details with 2.5 ghz.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cast1010

From http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=patchpatch 1. A temporary addition to a piece of code, usuallyas a quick-and-dirty remedy to an existing bug ormisfeature. A patch may or may not work, and may or may noteventually be incorporated permanently into the program.Distinguished from a diff or mod by the fact that a patchis generated by more primitive means than the rest of theprogram; the classical examples are instructions modified byusing the front panel switches, and changes made directly tothe binary executable of a program originally written in anHLL.Carlos.