Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

Poll: Will MS patch 2004? :)

Guest Timbo

Carlos,:-lol :-lol :-lol Best thing I've read in a while. :)Chris,You have to start somewhere, and patching the same old sim again and again won't get us there. I'd rather have a brand new engine that runs slower but looks better than a $55 patch. Also, from what I've heard from beta testers, the new weather kills FPS so looks like we'd get lesser performance regardless.[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table

Please note that this definition fails on the second word - "temporary". This suggests that a patch is not a permanent feature of a particular program.This definition is bogus - "may or may not work." Like a "Program" definitely does?"May or may not eventually be incorporated?""Generated by more primitive means" ???"Front panel switches" ?!?!?Sorry, but I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.Cheers,Andrew>From http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=patch>>patch>> 1. A temporary addition to a piece of code,>usually>as a quick-and-dirty remedy to an existing bug or>misfeature. A patch may or may not work, and may or may not>eventually be incorporated permanently into the program.>Distinguished from a diff or mod by the fact that a patch>is generated by more primitive means than the rest of the>program; the classical examples are instructions modified by>using the front panel switches, and changes made directly to>the binary executable of a program originally written in an>HLL.>>Carlos.>

depends on how many of us get killed by the Wright Flyer...:-bigangel Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Guest cast1010

>Please note that this definition fails on the second word ->"temporary". This suggests that a patch is not a permanent>feature of a particular program.Exactly like that, IMHO a patch could be temporary, if becomes permanent it would be a PATCH/UPDATE.>This definition is bogus - "may or may not work." Like a>"Program" definitely does?>"May or may not eventually be incorporated?"Yes, if the patch doesn't fix the BUG or creates a new one, is obvious that it won

TROLL alert![span style=color:red;font-size:25px;font-weight:bold]IF[/span] there are critical problems with the product I'm confident Microsoft will patch them.If not, they shouldn't.

yippee, I can now play with loads of HTML goodies and do really nice things here :-lol

>Exactly like that, IMHO a patch could be temporary, if becomes >permanent it would be a PATCH/UPDATE.I disagree, a patch becomes permanent by virtue of the fact it remained unchanged the next release.Since an Update can include other things besides a patch/fix or no path at all the term Patch/update is sometimes used.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

How much energy people are investing in which word is used to describe a software product that will be offered for sale in a few months?I think everyone who thinks this product is bad should not buy it. And those that think its good will buy it. What word you use to describe it is pretty much irrelevant to me.Bob Bernstein