Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

737-800 PANEL

Hello guys:I was just wondering, what panel are you guys using to fly the excellent FFX'S 737-800.Where can I get a good 800's panel.ThanksDaniel

GREAT QUESTION!I've tried a few that I found on Avsim and the other BIG site, but I haven't found one that is right yet. I WANT to see the wings. I WANT to see the wings (some simmers don't care about this) but I WANT to see the wings! There's something about the wing view that I really like. But I also want a realistic, even photo-realistic panel with other views too. I would appreciate you pro-simmers "chiming" in here. This is a good question, since the 800 is such a great plane, and there's so many liveries available for it.How bout some help here. Stan

Guest lamont

I'm using a panel by Laurent, you can find it here (B737NGpa.zip). It has all the features including icons to intergrate with FSNAV. The wing views are not part of the panel but I think you can add them using the instructions supplied with the FFXB737-800. Try it.

I use a panel by Chris Reed, modified by Javier Flores. It's the version that Boeing modified for Southwest and Continental. I then modified it myself to return a more normal PFD and MFD using default guages, for the other airlines. You'll find it under various names at the usual sites including here at AVSIM. Look for;ngb737panel.zipngb737pl.zipboeing737-71.zipThere might be a few other versions.I'm flying it right now with an FFG 737-700 for Southwest virtual, Buffalo to Baltimore.Dave PaigeFreeware Flight Group - Dynamics

Guest Coneman

I don't understand this. The 737-800 HAS wing views. They are built into the model. Just look back at your 3/4 rear. And if you have active camera, you can postion your view anywhere you want on the wing.Todd

Guest FS_freak

Try "ndkbbj11.zip" by Andy Karlstetter. I have replaced the 2D bitmaps he uses for the forward right and forward left views with some cockpit photos I have edited myself. I then configured the other views using the "EYE" command. The leading edge of the wings and the engine inlets on both sides are set as rear left and rear right views. The left and right views are configured to look forward towards the trailing edges of the wings and engine exhausts on each side (you can even see part of the main gear). Finally the rear view is set up to look over the left wing. If anyone wants a copy of my panel.cfg go ahead and email me: maubur@hotmail.comCheers,Mauricio