Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bilbo

I Just Deleted All My Payware.....

I hope you've also removed FS2002 then?That's also payware you know...And, remove Windows too. And most versions of Linux, and just about anything that's available on a CD in a store somewhere.

>PSS: Their A3xx is to die for. I feel a little bit safer now>stepping onto a real Airbus knowing the abilities of the>automation in that bird.Just the opposite here. I'm terrified the pilot is as lousy as me at programming everything in it and *IF* we get there in one piece, there's a good chance we'll be at the wrong "there!" *grin*

"the actual OS is called XP"LOL - the actual OS? A friend of my sister's pulled the mouse from a pc I'd built the other day, without turning it off. Now the mouse doesn't work. I get to fix it. I asked him why he did that, he said...well, she "should" be using a real OS like XP. Where does this attitude hatch from? WIN98SE - only because I am still being VERY careful where I put each C note.Bob Bernstein

I personally had a problem with certain payware companies however, ranting and raving in the forums didn't make the situation any better for me. Instead, I have learned to read the reviews/criticism within these forums in an attempt to help me make a better decision before I buy any addons. Once I have purchased an addon, if I have any constructive criticism, I will post in the forums. If I am just too upset, then I ask for a refund. Most companies/developers offer refunds...thank goodness. If you do not want a refund, then that is what I call "tough luck". Look for "updates" that are offered by most payware developers, because these updates usually contain "new" improvements rather than corrections on old mistakes. I tried going back to just using freeware, but payware is getting better and better in the sense that they offer more in one package. Payware a/c developers not only offer the aircraft, they include a custom panel (usually top of the line graphics/textures), a custom VC, and custom sounds...and the list goes on and on. Most of the freeware a/c developers out there don't include these "extras" that the payware developers do. Hmmm, something to think about. In conclusion, payware developers are doing a fantastic job in making FS as real as possible and I thank them for their skillful contributions. On the downside, some of the developers/companies need to learn customer service skills if they expect to survive in the commercial industry. Fausto (happycapt)

Rob, kind of makes you want to shake your head in wonder when you look at all those hours, doesn't it? (read; I feel your pain..). :)

You're probably right, except that sometimes even unreasonable posts need answering. Besides which, you seemed happy to add to the bandwidth yourself!Rob

Don't you think its kinda funny that Trip opens a thread like this and never replies? lol

I think you picked the wrong cause to get behind. Your case would have been valid back in the days of FS5.1. Today developers give way too much of their time considering the money they get back. Eaglesoft and VMAX are fine examples of this. Payware has reached a new level of importance for all of us and we will definitely stand behind our designers. I for one am a proud supporter of the Payware developers that have brought us such quality designs over the last couple years....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

OK, I'll up the ante to $20. I'll take it. I derive much pleasure for that which I pay for ("there ain't no free lunch!"). Of course, I love freeware too, but I'm immersed in this hobby, and I enjoy paying for and "getting free" all that I can get. Remember, the payoff is ENJOYING WHAT YOU DO. I play golf too, but I wouldn't expect to get my green fees paid for. There's a price to be paid for what you want to do in this world, and in the words of Benjamin Franklin...."If the price is acceptable to the buyer and the seller, then it's a good deal!" Stan

lets see...total FM time is 5330 hours + 1000 hours of support= 6330 total hour to FM design, and supportFly came out in 1999so that is roughly 4 yearsor24hours a day *365 days a year*4 years=35040 hoursaverage work week is 40 hoursso thats40*52=2080* 4 years = 8320 hours(if you work full time)Average sleep is 8 hours per night so8*365=2920* 4 years = 11680 hoursSo that is a total of8320 + 11680 + 6330 = 26330 hoursso35040-26330= 8710 spare hours per 4 years8710/4 = 2177.5 free hours per yearor2177.5/365 = 5.9657534246575342465753424657534 Free hours per day.Not including eating,driving, and the 2 payware aircraft that is alot of hours work.Thank you for all the work!Just felt mathematical tonight.

He,He,OK - it does seem a lot. But where it doesn't compute is that I can't remember the last time I had 8 hours sleep. 6 if I'm lucky and 4 on a "good" working night. And as I do two jobs a 40 hour working week is a little on the low side. Ask any developer about sleep. They don't get much. But that's their choice!Rob

Guest PaulL01

You Greedy SOB! :-lol (Silly Old Boy)

Guest ba747heavy

>$25.00>EdToo rich for my blood ;-)

Another meaningless post. Who cares if you took all your stuff off the HD. :-violin

Eric