Sign in to follow this  

One question for the one's with FS2004 beta ...?

Guest BrianC

That's not to say that some airports don't turn on their lights at higher visibilities.But I've never seen landing lights on during the daytime at Chicago/Milwaukee area airports in VFR conditions. I've gone flying many times when visibility was only 6-7 miles. I am not instrument rated so I can't speak to lower visibilities. Even MVFR flying doesn't strike me as being a good idea in Chicago traffic. :)

Guest Terblanche

The basis of this information is the practice of it ... when you fly into big city areas and the smog starts bringing the visibility down to say

Guest WorkingStiff

Why do you insist on calling the company Micro$oft?

Well I'll be looking for Snow in Cape Town, got to book the flight and get those skies out I guess...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

14 years ago, I was taking a train between Cologne and Brussels, and passed by Brussels' airport about 2-3PM. Visibility was about seven miles, and as I passed by the active in Brussels, the apr lights were quite obviously on. As you say, rules are there, but ultimately the PIC can ask if conditions dictate. Since vis is a variable FS uses to determine when the lights go on, certainly MS can create a clickable icon at least to turn the lights on by changing the "vis" threshold in some way...

Guest Terblanche

Micro$oft because ...1. They must be the $$$ company in the world2. Because of all the $$$ I've spend to support my addiction3. No matter if one thinks FS2004 will be a patch, upgrade or what, I will pay even more $$$ to get it and I want it no matter how many $$$ they want4. The hardware will need $$$ to keep up with Micro$oft's $oftware5. I ask for a 's'oft approach on my budget, they say "okay, $oft enough?"6. M - money I - ingenious C - competitive R - ruthless O - old programs = obsolete $ - slapping them down ... 1000, 5000, 10 000 O - oepsedaisy there it goes to One million F - (not for children's ears) T - thank you, I'll take Two7. Just to remind me that for me it's a game and for them it is $erious $$$And that's about it!