Sign in to follow this  
Guest nutmeat

SimHQ preview ACOF!

hi,Looks like Im in good shape as far as performance in fs2004 goes as I have a comparable system to Hornit :-) Its good to here that fs2004 has so many graphics settings to allow people with old systems to get the sim to run good on their system.Andrew

Guest cast1010

:-lol This things happens when english is not your native language, seems like I need to read slower... :-hahRegards,Carlos.

Guest RobA

John, First time I've seen this thought on adjusting the sliders to the way you want to fly the sim. I do this myself and get immense enjoyment with 2k2 on a AMD 1.4 GF 2 64MB card, 512 MB RAMBest, Rob

Was the rain on the windshield creeping upward?If it is ... very nice indeed.BobG

Yes! The rain creeps very realistically up the windshield, another thing I noticed amongst the snow was some wet looking flakes also hitting and creeping across the windscreen. The rain is very realistic inside the cockpit now.Hornit

OutStanding. You know, I have seen some posts from folks that have stated "give me a reason for buying COF" For the life of me I cant understand it. I see some great reasons for buying. I just dont get it. Chip on the shoulder I guessThanksBob G

Where did the Bonanza in air_060a_7t.jpg come from?

Guest Akflyin

Very informative Sir !Thank You for your work.Looking forward to the release as well.

>have stated "give me a reason for buying COF" For the life of>me I cant understand it.Bob, some here love to be cute and argue for the sake of arguing. Other may be attention seeking trollers. Having not much to do people will write long eloquent tirades and argue points they themselves don't believe in ...Michael J.

Hornit,Was that panel in the 1st picture a 3rd party panel or was it a panel from the 737-400 model as it looked like a 2d panel and I thought that the new version of Flightsim didnt have those anymore, everything is done in virtual pilot mode. If that is the panel for the Delta 737-200 in the pictures then at least that shows that all the 2dpanels you can get will still work for it as quite a few people I am sure wont like or want to get used to the 3d virtual point and click panesl.Craig Kiltie

I see flying into one of my favorite airports (KMCO-Orlando) in the summer is going to be more interesting with that new lightning and thunderstorm enhancements.

Eric 

no that's not snow that you see, it's just the spacing between the runway and the lights... as far as what things look like on the ground w/ snow, x-plane is still ahead of fs

The panel in the 737 shot is an aftermarket one from 2002 I am using with the FFX 737-200. The Bonanza is Carenados :) I'm doing some experimenting with add-ons and a lot of them work, for instance the Flight one Cheyenne works fine!Hornit

Guest nutmeat

Yours is about the most informative writing I've seen yet for FS2004 ACOF. Also your responses in this thread have helped me to relax on the hardware questions. Looking forward to the next edition and thanks lots for the inputs.Larry Shinn