Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

American Airlines Repaint for the Level D 767-300

11 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Scott!

Hi Steve,

What a great picture - hah - my Dad served as well - S-2's - so of course I had to go Submarines... It's funny how it tends to run in families... My brother went Army - bleh (lol - just kidding Army)...

"thank you for your Service!" - - right back atcha - you and yours...

I was only kidding around about making more work for you - all good...

That's some tasty looking metal - I do love the Mad Dog...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

14 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Steve,

What a great picture - hah - my Dad served as well - S-2's - so of course I had to go Submarines... It's funny how it tends to run in families... My brother went Army - bleh (lol - just kidding Army)...

"thank you for your Service!" - - right back atcha - you and yours...

I was only kidding around about making more work for you - all good...

That's some tasty looking metal - I do love the Mad Dog...

Regards,

Scott

No kidding!  I was aviation ASW, and my step sister was a sonar tech (land lubber at the time although she did her sea service as well) worked on the SOSUS line (who also put in 20 along with her husband, we have about 100 years of combined Navy service in our immediate family) .

She made Chief and then Warrant.  We had 3 Chiefs and 2 1st classes between us.

Well...making more work for me...I do that to myself, hehe.  The thrill of flying a new, great rendition of a bird is about the same feeling most painters get when they 1st open the texture maps and see what they have to work with. :biggrin:

I never owned the previous version of the MD, I'm hoping the texture maps are easy to work with...that greatly influences how many paints you'll see from our little painting circle...and you know most of the legendary painters I'm referring to.:wink:

Yes, Ed's metal and painting skills in general are legendary, and his metal is probably the best out there...no matter what version of flightsim we're on.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

45 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

No kidding! 

Hi Steve,

Yep - concur with all...

I went the Coolsky route for the Mad Dog and it was an exceptional model and looked pretty darn good with McPhat paints - a favorite... While some managed to get it to work in Win10/P3D - sadly I couldn't - so I'm looking forward to a new one designed for P3D from the outset... The Leonardo will be all new to me as well but I know many rated it as one of the best planes of all time when it came out... I'm hooked on all the sounds in the cockpit - it's almost like it's alive and has a certain charm many of the newer planes lack... I watched Dave's Twitch videos and the new model look outstanding...

Sorry for the side track...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7