Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bilbo

FS2002 aircraft in FS2004

I was wondering if the new FS2004COF will be able to use fs2002 aircraft in it, like all the new GMAX aircraft.

Guest Tim13

I would suspect that they can. So far in the screen shots that I've viewed, I've noticed what appears to be the Carenado Beechcraft, the new Beechjet 400, and a B737-200 which is either the Yeodesign model or the new FFX model.Tim13

Yes - FS2004 will be able to use the vast majority of FS2002 aircraft with absolutely no modifications at all. A few payware planes with complex standalone autopilots etc may need small patches, but everything should work with minimal effort.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hmm, I hope PIC can work in it.

Eric 

Guest Rockcliffe

If it doesn't I'm sticking with FS2002!

Me Too! :-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest CapnCol

Me threeColin

Guest Tim13

What's PIC? ;) Tim13

Guest Rockcliffe

Pilot in Command 767, an add on by Wilco publishing. It was designed for Fs2000 and patched to update it for fs2002. I only have two payware aircraft, the Dreamfleet Archer and PIC 767. PIC is outstanding, and as you can tell, has some very devoted followers. I've never felt the need to buy another commercial jet add on because I've had PIC for more than a year and probably have only learned to use about 10 per cent of the features available (programming the intertial navigation system isn't my cup of tea, for example). The FMC alone is worth the price. Print out the manuals (at work, I suggest :-) ) and you'll have a three-inch thick book that details just about anything you want to know about a 767.I was lucky and found it quite by accident in a Radio Shack discount bin for $25 Cdn.I highly recommend it.BlairCYOW

I would like to know if we will have to reinstall the aircraft or copy them again in the FS2004 folder to fly with them. Anybody knows this?any chance to FS2004 can detect and use the planes of FS2002 with a command in the config files?I have more than 500 aircrafts (payware and freeware) installed for FS2002. It is more than 13,5 Gbs between the aircraft and the gauges folder. If I have to copy them again, that is a lot of lost space in my HD!!

I am pretty sure you are going to HAVE to copy the aircraft and associated guages into FS2K4. There really is no way around it as thats how FS knows where to get and use the data. Maybe some entrepenuering soul can make a utility, but I doubt it :)Hornit

Guest Bilbo

Some of them might also need effects files, maybe a module, flights or a few other files that they might use. For most aircraft it usually isn't, but it can get complicated.Bilbo