Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

weather radar - see pic

Guest A32X

See the above pic with the "WX" button. I guess you can press that button? Does it display a radar image? Can anyone with a beta tell me or NDA?Finally, if it's not working can someone push microsoft to include it.

Guest ba747heavy

This post will get removed because1) You are posting a shot that probably isn't yours, you took it off of somebodys site(odds are, anyway, else you wouldn't be asking this question)2) Your image is waaaaaaaaaay over the 800 px width limit.

I have no idea whether MS has implemented the Weather radar this time around, BUT...It seems to me that since the clouds are now actually GMAX created "objects", perhaps that will facilitate a third party to develop a working radar. If I remember correctly, there was some trick used by developers that could graphically display the position of certain scenery elements around our planes (much like a TCAS displays traffic). If that's still the case (and correct me if I'm wrong), wouldn't that make it easy to plot the positions of our new GMAX clouds?If we know where the clouds are, and what type they are (CB vs Cs, etc), then maybe it's possible to map out precipitation in a working radar display...Of course, maybe the clouds in FS2k2 were scenery "objects" too, and this is just not possible...Just my 2 cents...Panel designers/gauge programmers fire away! :-outta Regards,Nick

Guest A32X

Are the clouds in FS9 Gmax objects? I've read that the weather changes with time; so can this objects change shape? If it's true why don't microsoft build a default weather radar?Finally, what are the frames like?