Sign in to follow this  
Guest mcleadbeater

How can this be done?

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but here's what I'm wanting to know.As you all know, Kingman Az, Victorvill Ca are storage area's for retired aircraft. How could I place 707, 727, 737, DC-10's 747, and DC-9's for static display in MSFS 2002? Or, has this scenery already been done for FS? If so, I've missed it somewhere.What could be more fun, then taking a retired 727 to Kingman and parking it next to a titanic display of other retired aircraft in the desert? ;)DocCorsair

Guest RiddlePilot

You got ahold of the June copy of "FLYING" magazine didn't you! Really sad story about that good old bird.

Ok, anyone have some ideas about making or placing retired airliners into desert storage in FS? Anyone............? (echo....echo...)And Riddle, which bird are you talking about, the 727?

Yeah, I think it is sad and a waste of a beautiful machine(s). There are a ton of ways to simulate what you want, but I don't think many think of it in a good way which is why you don't see a scenery as such, just my 2 cents.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Good point Mike, however this is a reality that planes face. And being that MSFS is "As Real As It Gets", I believe this would be a really cool added feature someone could create. I'd like to try it for my own personal reasons, but me being a PC dummy, I'm not sure how I could make or add static planes in Kingman, Victorville desert storage.Is this basically a ? for scenery designers to tackle? And just FYI, I flew a flight from KDFW to Kingman Az airport and I got to tell ya, lots of space out in that desert airport. ;)Doc Corsair

Guest mcleadbeater

Unless you are capable of designing a scenery of one of these airports which store old aircraft (which I am cetainly not capable of!), I think the easiest way is to do the following:1) Enure that the airport is enabled for the purposes of AI Traffic;2) Enlarge the parking spaces using AFCAD to accommodate the configuration of parked aircraft which you require.3) Make up the appropriate flight plans using AITM to fly the aircraft in on a weekly schedule from the nearest airport and have them park up all week until they are due to fly back at (say, 2am on Monday).This will mean that, for the vast majority of the time, the A/C are inactive on the ground.