Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

Stupid person alert! A320 PIC

Guest Andrew

How dumb can I get, I read all the warnings about the Wilco A320PIC being a pain is the FPS butt, and then went out and purchased it anyway. I was really looking for an airbus that was more functional than the PSS airbus (which I can fly with no problems) and decided that my machine would be up to the job (see spec bottom of post), how wrong I was. With the patch I got 5 to 6 FPS and never above 10. Thats with the scenery sliders on the left and 10% AI, and I get horrible lines through the the gadges, and they are unreadable from any distance.I DO NOT mean to hurt Wilco,s feelings as I have had a lot of problem free flying with some of there products, (dare I mention the wonderfull 767) however I am displeased that the spec requirements on the DVD case state a PC is needed with less than half of my specs. I can,t Imagine would this addon would be like a 1GHZ machine.I realise this specification problem exists with all games/programs.Anyway I will be on the lookout for any new patches from WILCO (A320OIC will remain on the bookshelf for the time being) and maybe PC speeds will catchup to this product. Then I will be a happy Human.Thanks allAndrewSPECAthlon 2.4Ghz (Thermal Take cooling fan)MSI KT4V 333 mobo with 4-in-1 drivers (438 i thinks)512MB DDR 266 RAMGforce4 TI4200 64MB from Creative 44.03 Nvidia DriversSB Extigy USBHipper 450W powerbox80GB Seagate Barracuda HD20GB Western DigitalAOPEN CDRW 48x!3DMark 2001SE score (10350, at 1000x800,16bit)

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi,I never had the itention to buy PICA320, because I'm quite happy with PSS one. However, I was in a "step back" position, when I bought the Airport pack from them, mainly because of the Boeing737, and I was surprised with the mid-quality of that plane, but that was expected, since it was a scenery package, but mostly with a problem that came after....I firstly installed the scenery on a AMD 1.6XP machine, with 512RAM, GForce2 Ti5000, with every slider set on theire normal position for me, and I get more or less good fps, around 14-16.When I assembled another machine with a PIV 2.4Ghz 1GbRAM GForce4 Ti4600 card, And after installing FS2002, and copy the all FS2002 folder from the old machine to the new one, I was completly chocked!!!I had improvements in all matters (but confessed that not so many as I would expect), but Wilco scenery just drop to 5-6 fps!!!!!!What happened?? I don't know, since I still have the older machine with the FS and I can see the differences in real time with all the settings at exactly the same!!! I don't get it!!So, I'm not so suprised with your disappointment....Cheers,Miguel

Hi,Just a note before you write it off I noticed your running 44.03 nvidia drivers, change those to 29.42 or 30.82 and see if your FPS jump to about 15-20 fps.For some reason and others and verified that the 30.82, even though not as eye appealing as the newer driver, run the fastest especially on FS2002.On a sidenote for example Links 2003 will not run with anything but 30.82 drivers. Microsoft I guess has not caught up with the newest driver technology.But anyway 30.82 is all I run and I use it for everything from UT2003 to FS2002 to whatever without a hiccup and great FPS.Sean

Hi Andrew,there seems to be a slight discrepancy between Wilco's stated system requirements and what's actually needed to run the software. I bought Airport 2000 Vol.3 a couple of years ago, thinking my computer with 1GHz, 256MB RAM, and a Radeon 7200 would have no problem with it - after all, the specs on the case were:Minimum:Pentium 400MHz,64MB RAMRecommended:3D video accelerator card,Pentium 600 MHz,128MB RAMWell, the airports were unusable - until my most recent upgrade. My specs now are:AMD AthlonXP 3000+,Asus A7N8X Deluxe,1024MB Kingston PC2700 RAM,ATI Radeon 9700 Pro,WD 120GB HD w/8MB buffer,Enermax 460W P/SJudging from my experience, you'll have to multiply the CPU requirements by 5, before you get an acceptable result. So if you upgrade your computer in the final months of FS2004, just before FS2006 comes out, you should be able to run the Airbus :).Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Ya'll pooters have issues, i get over 40... AMD IS BETTER !! ROFL

Guest Andrew

As I stated above I will keep this Airbus close by incase I upgrade my PC or Wilco gets a patch that affects a more positive Frame rate.PS I am going to try the above mentioned driver change, just in case this makes a change for the better.Thanks allAndrew

Guest The Ancient Brit

Being both a stupid person and a Luddite, I was caught out by both versions of the AirBus.Had the PSS AirBus come with a big red sticker on the package

Wilco did not produce the 767PIC product, they only acted as the distributor. There is no connection whatsoever between the 767 and the A320 teams.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Andrew

Thanks Howard, I now have a usable Airbus that is stutter free and smooth as silk 15 - 26 FPS in any scenery setting and never below 12FPS.:-) :7 I think the thing that makes the most diffrence to the FPS is the Virtual cockpit quality, setting in the Options menu as stated in the post that Howard pointed me to. Now to go fly.PS Is there anyway I can use the toe brakes on my CH rudder when the joystick is disabled as the manual says it should be? ,this also goes for the HAT on the joystick? If not then I can live without them.--------------------------------------------------------------Andrew :-) :7

Guest Howard

Andrew,First of all my link was not as much use as it could have been because there were some pictures of FS settings which have got deleted over the last week or so. Still you frame rates look pretty good.I have CH pro pedals working. It should be possible to get them working by selecting the left and right brakes in the setup/joystick axis menu. Just select the item, click on modify and move the pedal.If you want to use the hat switch use FSUIPC. Assign the switch positions to the keystrokes used for pilotheadleft, right etc.Ii is probably best to post on the AntiCyclonE or Wilco Forums for more advice. Out of interest have you installed the patch?RegardsHoward

Guest Andrew

Hi Howard, Yes I have installed the patch and I have the rudder pedel toe brakes working, also the HAT switch using FSUIPC as you suggested. I also compleated a short test flight from LOWI (Innsbruck) to LFPG (Charles De Gaule) with not one hitch or foul up.I even tested the autoland for the hek of it, not that I do many CAT3s ,but is nice to know I and the Airbus can do this. This airplane is impecable, unlike my lazy spelling (who cares) By the way LFPG way full of Air France and many other AI planes that I got from Project AI and this wonderfull plane is still manageable.This will be in my hanger for a long long time to come.I may post some shots on the Screen shots forum. My how my view has changed in the 2 days since installing this program.Thanks allAndrew

Guest cw1011

There is a good article over in flightsim.com. A guy (with obviously a lot of free time) did a test of a number of the Nvidia drivers. Very helpful. I experienced a big performance hit with the 43 drivers. I went back to the 40.52 and saw a significant improvement. Good article. The latest and greatest may not be the latest and greatest for everyone. Colin

Guest cw1011

Well, actually not. Tom's Hardware guide has done a lot of work on benchmarking almost every CPU released in the last three years. The numbers do not support your claim. AMD is definitely behind in the race, especially in the 2.5 gig and up segment of the market.

Sean,not to go o/t here, but i run links 2003 with 40.xx drivers! So maybe for some but not ALL.Just a heads up, and this may be the same story for fs2002!Tom