Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Future of FS2002 addons

I am wondering if some addons currently being worked on for FS2002 will, in fact, now be released for FS2002 or will they be re-worked for FS2004.In particular, I am thinking of FSD's Pilatus Porter.David

I don't see why anyone at this time would release anything solely for FS2002. With FS2004 around the corner, any June releases wouldn't make since unless the package is an FS2k4/2k2 title. I'm glad Eaglesoft is releasing their Premier I this weekend (since the Beechjet has already been released) but I can't imagine why Dreamfleet or PMDG would release their projects before the launch of FS2004 in July.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest TimD

Everything we release from this point on is for both FS 2002 and FS 2004. That includes the Porter, the Cheyenne and the recently released Commander 115 TC.Most likely there will also be updates on these for new FS 2004 features/capabilities as time goes on as well.http://www.fsd-international.com/team/TD_forum_sig.gif

In the case of aircraft, I imagine there's very little reason to worry about having to rework them. Any aircraft made in GMAX or FSDS 2 should work, out of the box. With the exception of a clickable v/c, I haven't heard of anything which would make me believe any aircraft would need reworking.Better to release aircraft now, and update if needed, than worry about it. Also, rest assured that many such developers have had access to FS2004 in some way. Pity MS didn't extend that courtesy to those of us who've created scenery development tools :) Bet there'd be a lot of happy campers if MS let us certify our tools prior to '2004's release....

Guest Lizardo

I don't know of any freeware developers extended that thoughtfullness from MicroSoft. Does anyone?

I suspect some freeware developers have had press release CD's and/or are beta testers. Some of our freeware devlopers (certainly not meself) have had a HUGE impact on the success of FS2002. Without their input in the FS2004 process, I wouldn't have much faith in the final result...

Guest Lizardo

I would too..except I know quite a few, and none (of those) have. Not curious as to "who" just any?

Guest Milton

Lizardo, check your private messages.

Guest Lizardo

Oh boy! You mean I get a copy? haha: not.

I probably would have been more motivated IF I knew what to expect. MS knows who the developers are IF they read the forums. Like I've said before, I believe there is but a small percentage of folks who do what we do to the stock MS product. Their sales are geared to the general public who will not be adding a thing. It will be like any other version. In a month, you'll start to see stuff that couldn't be done in previous versions. No big deal. From what I'm reading and hearing, not much is changing as far as what we already are doing as developers. Hang tight. The countdown has begun! LOL!Don