Sign in to follow this  

Who is going to build a new pc for fs2004?

Guest Mark Hazeldine

Just done it also!This was meant to be an "upgrade" but it's 50% new!Athlon XP2800+ (barton core)Asus A7N8X Deluxe (333MHz FSB, Serial ATA Raid)1Gb DDR 400 RAMGeforce3 Ti200Soundblaster Live 5.12x 40GB 7,200rpm HDs (fujitsu and maxtor)CR-RW (Mitsubishi)DVD (phillips)LG Flatron 17" MonitorCreative DT2200 5.1 Surround speakersi-Cute case with 3 fans, 550w PSU and CPU and HD thermometersWin XP HomeNext on my list:Geforce FX 5900 Ultra2x 80Gb Maxtor SATA disks in a RAID 0 configA bigger monitor! (hopefully a TFT)The saddest thing is, even after i've spent all that money and got it all, it'll be out of date and i'll want more. God help me.By the way, if anyone's thinking of getting more than 512Mb of RAM, think about it carefully. I don't think FS2002 uses more than about 450Mb (unless you have other apps running at the same time).

I will build a new system, but not until I install it on my P3/800 and evaluate where the bottlenecks might be, so I can target a new system accordingly. I've seen reports now from systems very close to mine, getting performance I'd find acceptable. And most of those systems don't scale back the sliders as much as I do to keep the sim fluid....I know I won't be able to run everything, but I believe I will have a lot of fun in the process.... And it will allow me to anticipate my upgrade all the more....-John

So what happens if fs2004 doesnt perform well on all these new boxes? You can only throw some much hardware at the game. I look forward to reading all the whining that will go on when fs2004 is released, because you know there will be whining, regardless of how powerful one's pc will be.

I just recently upgraded my PC in preparation for FS2004. The only thing left is to upgrade my sound card to an Audigy 2 card, which I will do this weekend.

I recently upgraded my PC in preparation for FS2004. All I have left to do this weekend is to intall a new Audigy 2 sound card.

Guest SlimDady

yea but this is avsim..I myself play alot of other games, im looking forward to half-life 2 and doom 3 myself.But fs is my pasion..

"So what happens if fs2004 doesnt perform well on all thesenew boxes? You can only throw some much hardware at the game. I look forward to reading all the whining that will go on whenfs2004 is released, because you know there will be whining,regardless of how powerful one's pc will be."Why do you have to be negative??? :-hmmm Are you unable to upgrade for whatever reason??And you say you will enjoy reading about others problems??? :-8 Geeez!For the positive, excited members, yeah, upgrade in process. I have an Athlon 1.4 and I will be going with the new Intel for a change. haven't decided yet if I'll go with the new FX or the 9800 256 mb even though a majority of the games out don't really take advantage of the added memory, DOOM is around the corner as well as a few more. Trying to swing for a 22 trinitron, haven't found a good price yet.LOMAC should be sweet as well!!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I'll be pretty ped off is this doesn't run FS2004, at good high fps:P4 3.0ghz (800FSB)512mb PC3200 RAMATI Radeon 128mb Pro160Mb Hdd (RAID)SB Audigy 2 Plat EX

i seem to be only able to crank my pooter through 26fps with all sliders on max, AA and AF, I have seen people on this forum with there 2700+ at 2250Mhz?? How do ya get it way up there mines only at 2034... lol

Michael,To answer your questions. Yes I can afford to upgrade, I can afford to upgrade many times over. I'm not being negative, I'm just stating a fact.Those who have upgraded their PC in the past to get better performance to run FS2002, have come had continual problems. They moan and groan about having the biggest baddest PC made, yet they cannot get past 20fps with everything maxed out. My point is when FS2004 is released, this forum will be flooded with those who will complain that their bigged baddest PC will not run FS2004 above 20fps.

"So what happens if fs2004 doesnt perform well on all these new boxes? "Then you overclock 'til it does! :D

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

OK, My new machine has just been ordered. Here are the specs... I should get it in about a week.Intel Pentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P+ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit LanKingmax 512MB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz Rated x 2BUILT By ATI (Original) Radeon 9800PRO w/TV Out & DVI 128Meg DDRTEAC DV-W50E, 4x DVD-R/ 2x RW, 16xCD-R, 8xCD-RW, 16xDVD, 32x CD-ROM Internal Drive Only Western Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, 8MB Cache, 5.2ms, 10,000rpm , S-ATA, w/DataLifeguard Three fans ATX 470W Pentium IV Power Supply CE, C-Tick ApprovedSkyhawk Jupiter Aluminum Case with multi-function LCD Light Module ( No Power Supply )Oh and I am also getting a fairly standard WD 40Gig HD for data, reserving the Raptor for the OS and FS.Also using my monitor and kbd and existing MS Optical mouse and Sound card. The sound card is a Hercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

Dear Folks,just an ask what do you think on my actual system specs:AMD XP 2700+ (real 2,167 Ghz)Epox 8K3A+512 DDR PC 2700ATI Radeon 9700 ProI have now all sliders on max. except the Mesh Complexity on 85%The result FPS are between 25-30 with many Add-On's - I'm very happy with it...Do you think I will enough performance for FS 2004My thoughts right now, to get a better cooling for my CPU try to overclock.What do you prefer...?B.R.Stefan (EDDM)