Sign in to follow this  

Who is going to build a new pc for fs2004?

Guest SlimDady

Ive been thinking about this lately.. I build my current pc a few months b4 2002 came out.Im starting to think that ill be building a new system sometime in the summer after 2004 come out mostly to get the best performance I can in 2004.. Bigest purchas is going to be the video card. Thats the one place I will not go cheap.. Im going to get the best thats out at that time.. Im assuming there is gona me a newer more powerful ati card around that time.Anyone else got big plans?

Guest DanWalloch

Not building, just a minor upgrade. Adding another 512MB of PC2700 ram, bring my system to 1024MB of PC2700. Also switching heatsink/fan to the thermaltake spark 7 (will be using artic silver too), for maximum cooling. PC specs after ram upgrade:P4 2.4Ghz1024MB PC2700 Ram120MB 7200RPM Maxtor HD128MB DDR Radeon 9500 Pro 8X AGP (DX 9.0 compatible)Creative Audigy Gamer soundcard19" CTX CRT montior (true flat glass)ch flight sim yoke usb and pro pedals usb500W power supply[3 rear exhaust fans(2 80mm case, 1 powersupply) and 2 80mm front intake fans]The fans provide not only a cool pc but a very clean pc.

I am building a new system now, all i need left is the mobo, video card,and the OS, which will be XP Pro. The motherboard isnt the big financial problem, it's that dang video card :) I might go for a new Nvidia only cuz i never owned a ATI card and the motherboard will most likely have a Intel chip. I know Intel and Nvidia hardware run pretty good together. I have never tried AMD processcors yet.I am building this system to further my education with PC Repair and of course to play all the newest game titles :DThe new parts for this rig are still in their boxes, heres the list so far:-Logitech Z560 400Watt 4.1 Surround Sound System-Western Digital Caviar SE-80GB Hard Drive w/8MB buffer-Antec SX1040BII blackFull-Tower Case, 400W PSw 2 exhaust and 2 intake fans.-Intel Pentium 4 Processor-2.4GHz 533FSB-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer-CDRW 52x24x52|LITE ON LTR52246Black-Teac 52X CD-ROM Drive(Black)I am still deciding on the motherboard as it will be Intel based chipset. Either the ASUS P4PE which runs on DDR memory or the very stable P4T533C. Both are good boards. Waiting for some prices to come down on these video cards, and to also get maximum memory the thing can handle :)Goodluck on your rig too......Happy Flying!

Guest Maul

Already did! Got it yesterday actually, it runs like a dream and I've loaded Dickson's Delta Soaring Spirit, all sliders all the way to the right and it's the bomb!!! I figured the last time I got a desktop was in 1993, 486DX4 66Mhz, 4MB RAM, 300MB hard drive, so it had to happen now.EricArea51Intel

Guest SlimDady

Yea im a little behind the times with my hardwareAMD 1.33GHZ T-Bird @ 1470mhz512mb SD RamGeforce 3as you can see its a little old.. cant really do any big upgrades.I cant wait though.. hopefully ill get real good fps on a new pc. I want 60, but we will see

I plan to build another system this summer, Lord willing. It will be mainly for FS2004. I have not decided yet on the video card.Cheers!DB

Guest ba747heavy

I might do some upgrading, not sure yet. Going to wait and see how FS2k4 runs on this 'beast.'

I'm just waiting for my vid card. Over the last 5 months, I've got an asus 87n8x1 gig ddr400 pc3300 ramAmd 2400xp+2 40gig hd's (one's just for fs)GF 3 64megI'm going to be patient with the vid card, probably buy in the fall.I'm quite happy with my systems performance. Got it locked at 22fpsusing Omega drv's and I get a smooth 19-22 fps no matter where and what.I'm really looking for to COF, I dont think we'll be dissapointedHappy flyinFloyd

I`ve just been on a recent upgrading spree.I now have 2 pc`s one with a 19" screen for FS and a second 17" screen`er for Sbox,RW , ActiveSky and as a chart viewer. Specs are:Soltek sl75FRN with Tbred XP 2400 chip768 Mb pc 2100 ramGeforce 4 Ti 4200 128 Meg videoCreative AudigyPhilips 19" CRTSidewinder 2, CH PRo pedals, homebuilt throttle quadrant.ECS L7VMM with Athlon xp 2000 Palomino256 MB Pc2100 ramGeforce 4 MX 440 64 Meg videoCmedia generic soundcardDynalink Router.That`s about right for FS2002! So no doubt another round of expansion in November time, after 3 -4 months of "proving" in FS2004. God I hope the SF-260 gets upgraded for FS2004.Perhaps a projector

I might pick up one of those new Bartons and OC to about 2.4...but then the new 64Bit CPU from AMD is just around the corner so I'll probably wait for that.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm gonna put the new Nvidia 5900 Ultra with its 256 ram video card in my system and see how that works. I always upgrade my system with new releases of FS and have been pricing around a new system but just not sure how much FS actually uses of my CPU and Ram. From what I've been told FS doesn't use up all my CPU and ram and really looks to the video card for its preformance. However if I feel that I am unhappy with just the new card I will upgrade to one of the new Hyper thread CPU's and faster ram like the 400mhz ones.KilstormP4 2 gig512 ramgForce3 64 ram

Guest Tim13

My mobo supports 3+ gig P4's and hyper threading, so I will likely move up from my 2.53 to the 3.06 P4.Tim13

Just finished mine a month ago. Knew that I would have to do a major upgrade so decided to bite the bullet and do the necessary.System:gigaByte 8INXPP4 3.06 HT enabled1 G PC266DDRRadeon 9700Pro, Omega 3.4sTurtle Bay Santa Cruz soundSaitek X-453 7200 HDsNEC Multisynch 17"LCDWin XP Professional SP1It is smooth and fast and I love it. This was my birthday present from my wife.

u gotta great wife!....:D=Swiv=

Just made my upgrades, but not for FS2004, FSCOF....I made my adjustments in the anticipation of LOMAC!FS2004 may wait a while....