Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

How to change FPS display from the color red to let's say...green...

Does anybody know what you must do to be able to change the red color of the FPS display and the brake display to another color of let's say green or white?Red corrupts the 2D panel when in 16 bit mode. I want to stay in 16 bit mode. ThanksCheers!Mitch R.

Guest ba747heavy

Why do you want to stay in 16 bit mode? Turning off AA is the only way to rid of your problem, that or go to 32 bit mode.I couldn't live without AA, so 32 bit mode is the way for me, but your tastes may differ :)

You do NOT need to keep the AA mode off. John pointed out that it is the RED color display of the brake or the FPS combo lines at the top that screw up the 16 bit 2D panel. He was right...if I turn off that display...the 2D panel is uncorrupted and solid!I use 16 bit over 32 because I pick up 3-5 FPS at no other costs to my slide settings (positions) and I don't see any better rendering in 32 bit mode (clouds included!)So...that's why I wanted to stay in 16 bit mode. I leave my DESKTOP at the same.So..turn off your FPS counter at the top and pick up 3-5 frames, free for the askin'...lolCheers!Mitch R.P.S. If I can change the color map of the FPS counter to any other color...I can have that running as I can in 32 bit mode. Any ideas?

Guest Douglas K

I seem to remember this being a video driver related issue. Perhaps a search of the old forums for the last 6 months would turn up some useful information.I'm also running FS2002 in 16 bit mode, and any driver higher than the 23.11's causes this panel corruption to occur.I currently have the Nvidia 12.41 drivers installed, and at the risk of offending the computer guru's I have never seen ANY benefits, performance or otherwise from using the many other versions.I do have anti- aliasing on, and all text messages enabled, with no panel discoloration whatsoever. Food for thought!

>I seem to remember this being a video driver related issue.>Perhaps a search of the old forums for the last 6 months would>turn up some useful information.>I'm also running FS2002 in 16 bit mode, and any driver higher>than the 23.11's causes this panel corruption to occur.>I currently have the Nvidia 12.41 drivers installed, and at>the risk of offending the computer guru's I have never seen>ANY benefits, performance or otherwise from using the many>other versions.>I do have anti- aliasing on, and all text messages enabled,>with no panel discoloration whatsoever. >Food for thought!I agree -- I wish I hadn't installed the later video drivers as my panel discolouration problems started after that. However, I discovered today from another posting that if you put this line HideInfoText=1 into the [MAIN] section of your FS2002.cfg file so that it looks like this[MAIN]RUNNINGBADHW=0Location=-3,-1,1027,770HideMenuNormal=1HideMenuFullscreen=1Maximized=0HelpTopLeftX=436HelpTopLeftY=74DISPLAY_FRACTIONAL_MINUTES=0AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1HideInfoText=1then all of the messages are no longer shown and you can run in 16 bit mode with AA selected. Of course, you can no longer see the frame rate counter ( which is no bad thing) .Now I can run in 16 bit mode with AA selected and I am getting a nice smooth simulation with my P3/1000 machineBarry

>>I couldn't live without AA, so 32 bit mode is the way for me,>but your tastes may differ :)Me too -- but 32 bit kills my machine . See my post below how to fix the problem and still run in 16 bit.Barry