Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

X Plane V9.30 Final Beta just released

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Thank you for the notice. I will check it out as I have 9.22 and have been waiting for the final on 9.30.Keith

Keith Guillory

Guest AVN8tr

9.31 is also available :)

9.31 is also available :)
Well I don't know what happened but 9.31 seems to have gotten rid of the "twichies" like magic! Much more believable aircraft control.Now if it could get rid of the nvidia driver crashes after 10 minutes (usually less) I'd be really happy-but I couldn't believe it-I can actually control the airplane now-and it "feels" very good! :-)

Hello everyone.It would be a good idea to write some instructions, on the site, on how to accomplish the update. There seems to be a lot of confusion, as to where the data is, and how to go about getting it? TV

Guest JimC1702

Do control settings have to be reset after updating? How about display settings?Thanks,Jim

Do control settings have to be reset after updating? How about display settings?Thanks,Jim
I have an updater program in my folder that updates to the latest version?! My settings stayed the same.

Guest Setanta
Hello everyone.It would be a good idea to write some instructions, on the site, on how to accomplish the update. There seems to be a lot of confusion, as to where the data is, and how to go about getting it? TV
Hmmmm...Step 1: Click on this link.Step 2: Click on the appropriate link for your system to download the X-Plane installer.Step 3: Run the installer.Repeat step 3 as necessary.Setanta

Hmmmm...Step 1: Click on this link.Step 2: Click on the appropriate link for your system to download the X-Plane installer.Step 3: Run the installer.Repeat step 3 as necessary.Setanta
Using that link, I ended up with version 9.22 updates. I googled X-Plane which brought up the main website, and it has the 9.31 updates.L.Adamson

Hi Setanta and everyone.I think that having you put this info here, which is lacking the information, mark the box "Check for new beta.." otherwise you may get an older version, it does not solve their obligation to make it clear to their customers, on their site. If you read the information on their site it would lead you to believe that once you got the Installer, it's all you have to do to complete the update. Which is Not the case. You now have to connect and download the remaining, actual update, code. How big is it? Is it reversible? If yes, how do you do it? Can you get it downloaded on your HD and scan the code before you use it?I, personally, would not get any executable code in my system, unless I can scan it first.The oversimplification permeates throughout the XP's documentation, and it will have to change, if they want more people to participate and improve that sim. TV

The oversimplification permeates throughout the XP's documentation, and it will have to change, if they want more people to participate and improve that sim.
And that's the truth!!!It seems that many X-Plane users just expect someone to keep up on all the latest revisions and work-arounds. It's as though you need to have been a part of the X-Plane tribe for many years. Personally, I have no interest in that. It's not as if we're mentally challanged either! I just expect a sim plane to fly as close to a real plane as possible, without having to be an electronic whizbang geek, to make it all work...L.Adamson

I have an updater program in my folder that updates to the latest version?! My settings stayed the same.
Which OS? 32 or 64 bit? What card?

Which OS? 32 or 64 bit? What card?
I have Vista 32 and a nvidia gt8800 card.This is what I have:

Guest JimC1702
You're lucky Geoff. I just updated to 9.31 and lost all my settings. And it's a BEAR to set everything up in X-Plane.Jim