Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Fs2002 DayLight Problems

Guest Airmalta

Dear Avsim Members, I am having problems about daylight in fs2002..Here attached you will find a picture taken at meigs feild at 10.22 am . Is this a normal daylight ? I noticed that in fs2k the sky was much brigther and gives you the thing that you are really flying during daylight.Is this a problem with my video card or ? I have a Geforce 4 TI 4200 64 MB...pls help me coz I can't fly like this!

Guest RonB49

I think that it is a combination of both things that you mention. I find FS2002 to be darker, overall, than FS2002; not much, but darker. I also think that the video card makes a difference. When I first got FS2002, I was using a Voodoo3 card and found the sim and the desktop brightness acceptable.I recently bought a new system and so far I'm using the onboard Intel graphics. That makes FS2002 MUCH darker than the Voodoo card but the desktop is still bright enough. I have set up a separate graphics scheme for flight sim that increases the monitor brightness by 25%. I start FS by calling my "bright" graphics scheme and it loads FS2002. For me that was the answer. So try turning up the brightness (or gamma if you have the btighness set to maximum). R-