Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

FS Sky World SE V2.4 and clouds

Hi everyone,Yesterday I downloaded FS Sky World SE V2.4 but there are so many clouds packs that I can't succeed in choosing a good one !Please could you tell me which clouds pack are you using ?Which is the best clouds pack (graphically speaking) according to you ?Thank you.;-)Damien BRUNET.e-mail : damien.brunet@udb.fr.stLe "Forum UDB" is French - FS2002 and FS2004 fora- FRP - France Project website forumand exclusive FS2002 files for members ...http://www.forum-udb.fr.st/The registration is FREE ;-)

I am afraid that is something you will have to find out for yourself.FSW's creators did such a wonderful job creating wonderful clouds that I my self have a hard time choosing one over the other. I will select a cloud setup and use it for awhile then change to another. Just express your freedom of choice and make selections that fit your taste. That is the beauty of this program....

Guest racartron

Be like me and take the lazy way out. Do an auto install of all the sets in random order and tell FS SkyWorld to change the set every 20 minutes or so. Then sit back and enjoy. The anticipation of what the next set will look like is a major part of the fun. Given all the sets Chris has included in this version, You'll eventually settle on your favorites. In the meantime sample them all.Incidentally, I've been using Chris' stuff since it first came out and I STILL use the auto install/random order process.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Chris,Using the "random install" function, does VSky also get into this function even though it has been dis-abled via the VSky-disable selection.:-hmmmWhen I do my selections manually I don't worry about VSky anymore, but am concerned about the random selection, which I would like to use on the start of each flight.Thanks Bob JohnsonKDEN

Guest Tim W

can anyone tell me how to turn off the annoying weather scrolling text across the screen. I've tried reading the docs but must have missed it somewhere.ThanksTim

Hi, "Using the "random install" function, does VSky also get into this function even though it has been dis-abled via the VSky-disable "By default no, the v-sky is not used inthe auto install, Check your texture set enabled in the auto install, click twice on auto install word, then click random buttons, you will see all enabled set at your left, you can disable/enable your desire set of you want in the auto install. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Tim, You should only press one time the key, after it will stop alone. Setting available in the cloud.ini and cloud.ini readme[WeatherMessage]FuncOnOff=onKeyAsign=Shift + R (Shif or Ctrl)Cont=-1Cycle=0.5 <--------------set to 0, you should see only one time the message.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Tim W

Great thanks Chris.RegardsTim>Hi Tim,> You should only press one time the key, after it will>stop alone. Setting available in the cloud.ini and cloud.ini>readme>>[WeatherMessage]>FuncOnOff=on>KeyAsign=Shift + R (Shif or Ctrl)>Cont=-1>Cycle=0.5 <--------------set to 0, you should see only one>time the message.>>>>Thanks>Chris Willis>>[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons>For MsFs>

Guest racartron

Hey Chris, I'm getting V-sky with my auto install and didn't do anything special. I scanned the available set of clouds under auto install and the very last option is "Disable V Sky" and it is unchecked -- meaning I would normally get it -- which I do.When I installed the latest version this morning, I didn't modify anything. I started using it exactly like I had before -- no problem.I didn't like the scrolling dialogue banner either and simply turned it off in the ini file.BTW, for some reason the scrolling banner screwed up the "Auto Hide" function of my MS Office toolbar. However, when I deactivated the banner the tool bar returned to normal. I'm wunning Windows 2000 pro Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest kurtj

Very nice cloud package Chris. Maybe I have mentioned this before but I was wondering what cloud package would be appropriate for stratus clouds? All of yours are cumolus. Just thought I would check. Thank You,

Chris,Flew my PIC767 from KSAN to KDEN this afternoon with FS Kswyorld SEv.4 with VSky disabled via both the manual setting and when I went into auto install/random it was also ticked as a disable sky set.Everything went just fine and it was a pleasure to see all the cloud settings. Very Nice :-)The one question/issue I have at present, when I shut everything down, FSMeteo, Radar Contact and then FS2002, FSSky World was still running. I had to use Ctrl/Alt/Del to get the program to stop updating some "vapor" program. Have you had a chance to look into this problem and establish a shutdown sequence with the auto install function?Other than this very small issue, this program is really GREAT :-)ThanksBob JohnsonKDEN

Hi Bob, "FSSky World was still running. I had to use Ctrl/Alt/Del to get the program to stop updating some "vapor" program."The Auto Install should stop the "clock" when your fs2002 is closed, but you have to shut down the fs sky world, by right mouse click on the icons at your right, near the windows hour and dates.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

jerrycwo4"Do an auto install of all the sets in random order and tell FS SkyWorld to change the set every 20 minutes or so."I find this GREAT program one of the most complex programs I have ever tried to figgure out. (must be getting too old). Would you please tell me "step by step" how to do the above "auto install/radom order method." Thanks. jerry

Guest KenG

I'll see if I've got this correct. Chris will correct me if I'm wrong. Parentheses are used instead of brackets for this forum to show them.Start FSSW and click on OptionsClick on Clouds.ini and it will open (probably in Notepad)Scroll down (or search) for the following (mine is already set up so yours may look a little different):-----(AutoRefresh)RefreshCloud=onWaitTimeAfterClear=20IncTime=15DecTime=15-----And also see this section below it.-----(InitRndTime)'If you don't want to do every time the auto install minute setting,'this will be your fixed auto random minute setting'each time your start fs sky world.'(Set the time to 0 means AutoRandom=off) 'Set up to 1InitRndTime=10-----Where it says AutoRefresh, make sure it says "RefreshCloud=on", and not off. That turns auto-refresh on. That will refresh the weather so new cloud sets will show up in FS.Under InitRndTime, select how often you want to refresh the cloud set under InitRndTime=X, where X is the number of minutes between refreshes. I've set mine to refresh every 10 minutes. If you want it to refresh more than once a minute, use the numbers between 0.1 and 1.0.If you don't want auto-random at all, then set X to 0 (zero).Let me know if that worked. Also, someone let me know if I'm wrong. I'm no expert on this.