Sign in to follow this  

A-319/320/321 aircraft with dynamic wings?

Are there any Airbus aircaft (A-319/320/321 series) with dynamic wings? I know that the PSS model does not have them.Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Coneman

Bruce,Check out the CSI forum here. They are about to release the A319, which will be followed by the rest of the family. There is a link to a pre-release version, which is fabulous, and has dynamic wing views.Cheers,Todd

If you mean dynamic flexing wings, in reality the A319 - 21 wings do not flex much at all, nowhere near what you see in the larger birds.If on the other hand you meant wing views then as Coneman said watch out for CSI models.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Thanks guys, for your replies.Mark- just dynamic wings is all, I realize that the actual flex is small, but as I recall- is still noticeable (more than a B737-400).Thanks again,Bruce.

PSS decided against wingflex because they'd rather spend the effort on other things that really matter like the panel...The wings on an A320 series don't noticably flex and anyway flexing wings in FS don't work well at all (where's the different amount of flexing during different parts of the flight for example?).

Hi,Maybe I used the wrong term "dynamic wings". What I am looking for is a wing view where the flaps, aelerons and spoilers actually move. Wing flex in this aircraft is really of no interest to me. That said, having flown as a pax in many B733/4's which have very non-flexing wings, I did note on my first A320 flight a few years ago that the wing tips (which were almost at the top of the pax window as seen from my isle seat when taxying) actually disappeared above the pax window just before rotation, which really surprised me as the wings are quite small on this a/c.Thanks,Bruce.

I think all current models of the aircraft would offer that (except maybe AI optimised ones).