Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Dual screens in FS2k2

Since installing a second screen on my system I have had a problem with FS2k2. If I ALT-TAB out of FS to Windows (XP), with or without the second screen attached, when I go back into FS the main screen has frozen but the sounds are still there. I can hear the sounds as I change views but the display is frozen. I've checked the drivers, Gainward GF4800SE with 43.51 dets, unplugged the second monitor and tried as much as I can think off this side of a reinstall of FS.Any help will be appreciated.

Guest drobson

Don't know what causes it, but if you alt+tab again--(maybe twice), you should be OK. I have that same problem, and haven't figured out why. I usually get scrambled lines of color across the top 1 inch or so of the monitor. I'm sure it's video card related, but seems to do it no matter what drivers I'm using.Darrell

hi Darrelli second that, what you described happens to me as well, but this is if i go from windowed mode to full screen mode and back again, i have tried countless drivers with the same result.I don't know what the problem is, i am using XP SP1

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll keep trying and see what I can find. All my instruments still work but I can't see where I'm going. ALT-TAB'ing twice doesn't work on my system.

It's something to do with the second screen as everything returns to normal if I unplug it from the back of the gfx card. If I just switch it off I still have the problem.

Excellent thanks for that. I'd done a few searches but hadn't come across that one.

Guest gasebah

No prob. Glad I could help. Tell me if it worked for you.Alex

Guest drobson

I took a look at doing what is suggested in your link. However, it listed 35 other items/program that may not function if I removed that update. Don't think I want to chance that, so I guess I'll put up with the alt+tab work-a-round.Darrell

Just do Alt-Enter to window it. Then Alt-Enter to full screen it. Works great.