Sign in to follow this  
Fede

Meatwater voicepack available for download

One question:After completion of Meatwater voicepack installation, RC4 sound increased. How can I reduce the RC4 sound with our changing any other sound settings?ThanksSanal
Problem solvedSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest Heavy_Driver

mwrc4vpv2_part10.zipis missing.

I will upload the file to the avsim shortly. In the meantime you can indeed find the file in the flightsim library.

Guest Heavy_Driver

Flightsim will force me to register so I await your AVSIM upload eagerly. Cheers.

Checked, but i have no problem downloading part 10. It is over here.

Checked, but i have no problem downloading part 10. It is over here.
ok I downloaded and installed ALL of the new sound in RC4. I cant tell that much difference except some are distorted and sound scratchy. Does anyone else have / had that problem?

ok I downloaded and installed ALL of the new sound in RC4. I cant tell that much difference except some are distorted and sound scratchy. Does anyone else have / had that problem?
To me all of the MeatWater sounds are distorted and scratchy. Certainly not clear and distinct in the way I always heard, with occasional exceptions, when I was able to get real cockpit visits (before 9/11). I don't know why folks think them so good, so realistic. That's strange. Maybe the noise component gets drowned out by excessive engine noise (also unrealistic in a modern airliner cockpit) when they share the same speakers. I use a headset and having the scratchy noise right in my ear was absolutely awful. So, after one flight of unbearable noise in my ear I changed back!RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thank you Nick for your hard work. These are definitely an improvement on the default RC voices. :(

I prefer these over the default. They maybe a little much on the static side, like what an older generation radio might sound like, but they all sound consistently the same. The default sounds jump around in quality, and some sound like they were recorded in a box.

Guest joejccva71
I prefer these over the default. They maybe a little much on the static side, like what an older generation radio might sound like, but they all sound consistently the same. The default sounds jump around in quality, and some sound like they were recorded in a box.
I just purchased Radar Contact although still waiting for my registration key through email.Question is, if I bought the 4.3 version, should I still download and install these meatwater voicepaks?

I just purchased Radar Contact although still waiting for my registration key through email.Question is, if I bought the 4.3 version, should I still download and install these meatwater voicepaks?
Depends on your taste. I'd use RC4 first for a couple of days without modification, then download these alternate voice packs, install them, and see which you prefer.