Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

nyc scenery

I took a helicopter over nyc today and was amazed at how lacking the default scenery of fs2002 was. I have been searching for a scenery addon for the area but can't find one. The default scenery makes ellis island look completely deserted except for one round building. and the Empire state and Crysler buildings don't look like they should at all.I tried to download a scenery package called hud100.zip but it is apparently no longer on the server where I was trying to get it from.Can someone please suggest some good freeware scenery for NYC?

I lived in NYC for years, and i totally agree. The only scenery i have scene for the "Big Apple" was the including of the World Trade Center, filename: "wtc2000u.zip" and the NYC Heliports and of course afcad files of LaGuardia and JFK Airports.

Been looking for some myself. Drew a blank.I'm surprised no-one has taken on Newark (KEWR). I'm sure that would make a terrific add-on but if it's out there, I couldn't find it.

Hi,There's some excellent scenery for La Guardia by Shehryar Ansari. VERY realistic but fps intensive. Try it and see for yourself. I don't remember where I got it, but just do a search on Avsim FS2002 scenery files with Shehryar Ansari's name. Here's a hint - any of his scenery packages are excellent. If you don't find it here, try some of the other sim sites or try a search in Google such as +fs2002 +"Shehryar Ansari"ALso there's some good scenery for Newark Airport. File name kewr_v1 Again try searching for it - don't remember where i got it. The author address is johnnyb1@optonline.net Hope this helps , Howard

>Hi,>>There's some excellent scenery for La Guardia by Shehryar>Ansari. VERY realistic but fps intensive. Try it and see for>yourself. I don't remember where I got it, but just do a>search on Avsim FS2002 scenery files with Shehryar Ansari's>name. Here's a hint - any of his scenery packages are>excellent. If you don't find it here, try some of the other>sim sites or try a search in Google such as> +fs2002 +"Shehryar Ansari">>ALso there's some good scenery for Newark Airport. File name >kewr_v1 Again try searching for it - don't remember where i>got it. The author address is johnnyb1@optonline.net >>Hope this helps , HowardThanks Howard - off to search now!EDIT - I realised I've already got this. It adds a couple of features to the default but doesn't look a great deal different to me.The last full rendition I could find was for FS98 - not worth bothering with needless to say.No credit card so I'm stuffed as far as Simflyer's version goes sadly. Ah well, thanks anyway. :)

Guest Wayne Smith

Metro Helicopters scenery designers have created freeware scenery for the West 30th Street and East 34th Street heliports, and the roof-top heliport at 1 Police Plaza in Manhattan. A recent addition is the USS Intrepid air-sea-space museum, and an ocean liner docked at piers on the West side of Manhattan. Also available are: Metro Headquarters and historical areas at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn (NY22), our bases at Teterboro Airport KTEB and Westchester County Airport KHPN, the Jones Beach Water Tower, and a rooftop hospital helipad in Nassau County, Long Island.All are available at www.metrohelo.orgRegards,WayneMetro 7 / NMH07Metro Helicopterswww.metrohelo.org

And don't forget the mesh for Central Park ... cool ... the New York Bridges ... and other stuff. There's quite a bit out there, including landclass for Long Island and good renditions of many surrounding airports, but there's always room for more, for sure!Mark Beaumont

You just have to fly higher.............. :)default NYC in attached pic.L.Adamson

Very nice! The more the better. :)

Guest Lindy

New scenery at Metro??? I'm heading that way now.BTW, did the "invisible building crash" at the Teterboro scenery ever get fixed? -Lindy :-wave