Sign in to follow this  

Need Help Installing Scenery - Do I Feel Dumb

Never had any problems before but I absolutely cannot get either the STONY RIVER BEND & OLD STONY or COGHILL LAKE sceneries ( both by James Belk) to work. Followed the instructions exactly but they can't be found when I load up FS2002. I have all the "extras too- trees v3 and Alaska mesh scenery. Obviously I am doing something wrong because too many folks are praising this scenery. Will someone explain the installation Step-By Step for this ignoramus? :(Thanking you in advance

Hi,There's a good chance you installed them properly but they aren't showing up where you think they should. I've had similar problems before with other scenery and it sometimes is because they aren't listed as I expected them to be.Since I don't know how you tried to locate them, I'll throw out some hints:If you can't find them in the screen for addon scenery, then try to get them using the airport code or even longitude/latitude if given in the readme. You can enter the longitude/latitude in Map View to go to the location.If you know the state or provence they are in, you could display all airports for that state or provence and then scroll down the list of airports looking for the name or a name close to it.If all else fails, you can contact the author.I just installed Stony River Bend and will try it today and report back to you. It seems to install in the normal way. In my case I installed it in my own scenery folder, but there's no reason why it should,t work in the addon scenery folder.Hope this helps,Howard

Guest ba747heavy

Sometimes, if a scenery doesn't display, it is because you have too many active sceneries. I forget how many is 'too many', but it is something like 250ish.

Hi Dave,Thanks for posting your question! I just installed it as I said in my previous posting and it's very interesting. You'll have lots of fun landing there with the bend of the river.... Nice surrounding scenery as well.Anyway, the scenery did show up in the normal add on scenery display box. So, lets try a few things to see what is happening on your system.This may sound ridiculous, but here goes step by step:1. Does the folder AK2 show up in the Addon Scenery folder?2. Are there at least 2 folders in /AK2 (scenery and texture)?3. Display your scenery.cfg file (found in /fs2002) and look for the listing for AK2.It should be towards the bottom of the listing.It should look something like this: Area.(some #)Title=(whatever name you assigned it during installation) Local=addon sceneryak2sceneryActive=TRUELayer=(same as some # above)Required=FALSE4.If everything in 1,2and 3 above are correct, then what is the numberyou have for Area.(some #) in your scenery.cfg for the ak2 listing?Someone said there's a maximum amount you can have and he thought it's about 250.Hope this helps. Please let me know what you find.Howard

>Sometimes, if a scenery doesn't display, it is because you>have too many active sceneries. I forget how many is 'too>many', but it is something like 250ish.It's a maximum of 332 or 333 entries in the scenery.cfg - can't remember which off the top of my head.

Thank you all for the info. I will give it another try and then check the .cfg file. I did install it to the ADDON folder before and both the scenery and texture subfolders were present. I have installed only a couple of dozen addons so that isn't the problem.Dave: after cranking up FS2002 where did you find the scenery? Were the airports listed so you could "go to airport or.......?