Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich

Help! Problems with downloading

Guest Hugo

Hi! After messing around with WinXP Pro settings yesterday, I ended up with problems accessing the Internet. Fortunately I have been able recup most of it, except one.Now, when downloading, after pressing the download key, the files immidiately starts to download without pausing on a screen that shows the destination folder (normaly that of the last dld ) that sometime I whish to change for an other one. It is sent readyly onto an obscure temp folder uneasy to reach (actualy unreachable!!) with Windows Explorer. When the transfer completes, the WinZip screen opens for an immidiate decompress.Would someone know how I can regain control of the pausing screen?Thanks for your help,Hugo

Guest Rich

Hi Hugo,Try opening an explorer window (eg. double clicking on my computer) and choose Tools / Folder Options / File Types - find (for example)Winzip and then choose Advanced. Make sure the 'confirm open after download' check box is ticked. Hopefully it will now ask (at least for winzip) where you want to save it. You can, of course, repeat with other file extensions.Hope that helps.Rich.

Guest Hugo

Thanks Rich. I also received this suggestion from an other party and.... IT WORKS :-jumpy What a relief :-)Thanks for your help in any case. Really appreciated.Hugo

Guest Rich

No problem Hugo, glad you got it sorted!Rich.