Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

AETI AFCS vs Cirrus yokes??

Hey, I'm back on line after moving to Colorado and I'm itching to spend some money for a new and improved home cockpit. First, does anyone know the dimensions for the AFCS control box? Is it all self-contained or does the yoke rod extend out beyond it (like the CH yoke). The Cirrus yoke is quite a bit less expensive at the moment. I've heard lots of good things about the AETI but nothing about the Cirrus. Anyone? Thanks!David

I've had an AFCS Yoke for the last 2 years, and you are correct about the unit being self-contained. It is very smooth, but as a tip I suggest you lubricate the rod from time to time. Both the yokes are made buy the same company PFC, although the AFCS is marketed as AETI, as far as I know. I've had a few prodlems though, one of the springs for roll control broke (while on approach, which made it a challenge to land :-) ) but I contacted PFC and they sent me a complete set of springs. Also some of the button housings/clips have broken, but thats mainly down to me storing it for a while and knocking it. As for the cirrus yoke, I don't know, but it would be of the same high quality, but obvisously have a smaller yoke.Alaister

Alaister Kay

I own the AFCS II Yoke from AETI I love it same here one of the springs broke abd AETI sent me a new set.IMHO if I were you I would purchase the Jetliner yoke from PFC it's the same yoke as the AFCS but it's on the floor (it's just like the jokes on Boeing aircraft).JohnP4 2.53Ghz, ASUS P4S8X Mobo, 512Mb Ram PC2700, G4 MX 440 AGP, SB Live, Win98SE, (2) 80GM Maxtor 7200 RPM drives.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.