Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

ADDON SCENERY and SCENERY folders?

Hi can anyone tell me what the difference is by putting a scenery freeware scenery from avsim in to a ADDON SCENERY folder or a SCENERY folder?

Unless the scenery needs textures from the main texture folder that it can't call without the scenery.bgl files being in the scenery folder, none whatsoever.I have 99% of my considerable collection of add-on scenery in the Add on scenery folder purely for convenience of organistaion. You can put it anywhere in most cases.

Ok i was wondering. hmm because my german airports 1,2,3,4 are missing textures when it was in the SCENERY folderbut now in the add-on folder it's not missing textures ok cool man thanks for the help i appreciate it alot...thanks now it's time for me to fly in Germany...

If you install scenery it is best to keep it outside of the FS folder, you can activate it from anywhere on your HD (as long as you have a SCENERY and TEXTURE folder inside the addon scenery package), keeps the sim from having problems, and don't ever want to add anything to the SCENERY folder, that is always a bad idea.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

and>don't ever want to add anything to the SCENERY folder, that is>always a bad idea.>That's a bit of an over-generalisation there if you don't mind me saying so.There are some scenery add-ons that have to be installed in that folder to work properly. I prefer not to use it whenever possible, but sometimes you have to.

Sorry, maybe it is, I was typing fast! LOLI can't think of one off hand that I have had to put in that folder to work yet, but I haven't d/l all that there is and my scenery design doesn't require it. Many will tell you that is where landclass is supposed to go, but if you don't include a texture folder with it, you can install it like any other scenery. Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW