Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Changing a AFCAD

I downloaded a AFCAD for Albuquerque Int'l (KABQ) and it has all the gates I want for the airport, but it only uses 1 runway for take offs and landings. Can I change the AFCAD so I have 1 runway for take offs and 1 for landings? And if I can do that, how do I go about changing the AFCAD?

Guest Captain Barfbag

Sure. Bring up the airport in AFCAD. Select Lists-Runways. Pick the runway you want to use for Landings and choose Properties. Click both ends of the runways as "Closed for Takeoff." Click OK, and then select the runway you want to use for Takeoffs, and close it for Landings (again, both ends.) Save the airport back and you're done.By the way, this kind of question usually goes to the Traffic Tools forum. You'll find that your question will be answered quicker, and it won't get pushed down to page 3 within an hour by 50 different FS2004 posts either.Hey, moderators! Should we have a 2004 forum? I've noticed that this one has gotten to be about half 2004 already.

Thanks, but all I have for my AFCADs is the AFInstaller.exe file. I just download a AFCAD and drop the txt file into the installer. Is there another way to make planes use 2 different runways?

Not that I know of Joseph.I'd strongly recommend d/loading AFCAD 1.4. It comes with excellent documentation and makes jobs like changing runways a 2 minute effort.If you take the time to read the instructions, you'll find it very easy (and fun) to produce your own AFCAD files.

I agree, I don't even use that auto installer, you never know who made the AFCAD file and you'll probably have to tweak it to get it to work right. About 40% of the ones I d/l have to be fixed. You can do so much more with AFCAD than the installer. I always export the original before importing another, never know when it will save you from problems.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Captain Barfbag

AFCAD provides a utility under the File pull-down called Catalog-Delete-Restore Airports. This allows you to recover the original (MS-delivered) file for any airport, even if you didn't save it with Export.Yes, go out and get AFCAD. Both AFCAD and Traffic Tools are essential to managing your AI. They are small downloads, very quick even with a dial-up connection, so there's no excuse.