Sign in to follow this  
Guest ozhero

Help with sound problem in FS2002

Guest ozhero

Greetings,I have had a problem with FS2002 for some time and lately for some reason it seems to have gotten worse.While flying, the sound volume keeps changing in volume from soft to loud all the time which is very annoying. It is not a stutter but an actual change in volume. I have tried all the ususal tricks like changing the sound quality and also the DX sound hardware acceleration but it does not make any difference.I am using a Soundblaster Audigy card (which I believe has the latest driver updates) on Windows XP with an Athlon XP1900 and Geforce TI4600.It happens on all different planes including the Microsoft orginals.Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Sometimes when I switch (ALT-TAB) out of FS2K2 and then back, the volume goes very loud and I may even get a sound that shouldn't be there (eg. full thrust engine sound, despite being parked at the terminal with engines off and throttles retarded). I fix this by hitting Q twice to turn the sound off then on again.Is this your problem, or do you get changing volume while running FS2K2 in the foreground all the time? If the latter, then I'm afraid I have nothing else to suggest at this time.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest ozhero

Thanks for the reply.I do have the problem you mention re ALT TAB but the problem I am describing is a different one and happens when FS2002 is running in the foreground as normal.I constantly have to keep adjusting the volume (via a hardware volume control) and often get blasted when it goes from soft volume to loud volume.