Sign in to follow this  
twisted8

Is there a way to lock panels in full screen view?

Hello,I'm wondering if there is a way to lock panels? I'm using a touch screen but it's easy to accidentally drag the whole panel with your fingers. Is there a way to lock/freeze the panels so they can't be moved? THanks!

Guest JALOWT
Hello,I'm wondering if there is a way to lock panels? I'm using a touch screen but it's easy to accidentally drag the whole panel with your fingers. Is there a way to lock/freeze the panels so they can't be moved? THanks!
I believe the way to do it is to make the panel a fixed window instead of a normal window, someone please correct me if I'm mistakenRegards

Adding the linerender_3d_window=1to a Window** section in the panel.cfg will do that.That is: for FS9 (haven't tried that in FSX).Rob

No, Rob, render_3d_window makes the panel window appear in the 3D view, which is not necessarily what is asked here.The best way to lock a panel window is to add the line "Sizeable=0" in the [WindowXX] section.Eric

I tested it yesterday and it works fine, but... there is a (funny) side effect:If you switch from full screen mode to windowed mode or vice-versa, the panel is not resized !! It is painful, but if you always fly in full screen mode (like I do), there is no problem at all.Eric