Sign in to follow this  

Panel Problem

Ive just installed the new Next gen 737 panel which was in the libary yesterday. Installed as explained in readme.Now when I load the plane up with the panel I get an error saying that rp733.gau isnt compatible with FS2002 and its been disabled and then the plane wont load up.How can I get around this problem?ThanksCraig Kiltie

Read the Readme.rtf in your fs2002 folder concerning old modules. It explains about old modules of the *.dll variety. Gauges fall into that category:[OLDMODULES]myoldmodule.dll=1gaugesmyoldgauge.gau=1If the above doesn't fix your problem, then I suggest you contact the author about a replacement gauge or find a replacement gauge in the library.

Thanks for the quick reply.I had noticed the part about the module and dll files but didnt realise that gauges were in that category too.Anyway tried it and still came up with the error. But funnily enough just installed FSSound.dll and now the problem has gone even though the 3rd party box didnt actually mention that file so that gau file must have been looking for FSsound.dll to make it work.CheersCraig kiltie

Anyone ele having any problems with this panel? I've seen a couple of horror stories elsewhere about system and FS2002 crashes following installation.It may well be that these are isolated cases attributable to poor system setups, but having downloaded it, I'm loathe to run the risk of installation if the problens do turn out to be related to the panel.I'm not in any way having a go at this panel btw. I just want to hear if others have successfully installed without problems (or not as the case may be).

I installed it using FFG's 737-800 American Airlines. Gave it a quick test run and it appeared to work fine. I'll play with it some more and follow up this posting if I find any problems.John