Sign in to follow this  

NEED HELP...

Hello guys:I have some trouble here.....I

I don't know if you're aware of it, but the GF4 MX series (I have the 440) needs an update in the display.cfg file to interface properly with FS2002.If you don't have it, add this to the end of the GeForce 2 (yes I do mean 2) section of the display.cfg:[000010DE:00000172]DriverValidate2=1That entry is specific to your card btw.I don't know if it will help with the fps but it enables the display of reflective textures and animated water.

Thanks....I do have reflective textures and water, the thing is that I want some anti-aliasing so I can see the shapes of the planes as they are, instead of "byte-like" shapes.This can be configured in the video card or using the default in FS2K2.The thing is that if this feature is enabled, I loose fps....Any ideas????? to get this running without loosing fps..???Daniel

Guest seev_39

Hi Daniel,Sorry to say this, but anti-aliasing cost you frame rate. This is a trade off no one can avoid. Solution is to get a better video card, or give up anti aliasing.Sev

Guest outtatimeiii

If you dont want too much impact, crank your monitor resolution to max. The higher you go on resolution, the 'need' of antialiasing will decrease (more dpi, less jaggies). While this trick works on a CRT pretty well, it does not work on LCD if you have one. I do this quite often, because my card cannot handle antialiasing too well, like yours.

Another tip I picked up along the way is that if you are going to use anti-aliasing, do it from within the nvidia drivers and disable it in FS2002.For some reason (and I've found this to be true) FS2002 causes a greater decrease in FPS when enabling AA than the doing it direct from the drivers. No idea why.