Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

I think it is fair to say , that the many A1 planes for download must stop.!!!

I think that there are to much A1 planes on the net, i hate to see constantly the same sort of repaints, it is a polution in the library, for example today there are again ton's of 737-200 A1 downloads, please where is this good for??. Just know where the limit is. I rather see more repaints of the by fare more detailed normal flyable planes.Best regards,

Guest danowat

Hmm, I was just thinking that, I do find it a pain to wade through the countless AI planes and repaints for the heavies.Maybe if there was some sort of filter on the "whats new" page, where you can select what catagories on files you want.Also with the massive amount of AI planes that seem to be coming out lately, maybe it is time for a new catagory just for AI planes?.As for the pollution of the library, one mans meat is another mans poison, someone must find them useful.Just a thoughtDan.

I think it's great having both. My sim has come to life with the addition of the various Aardvark and Fspainter planes. I've even replaced my sorry looking default airliner AI with these better looking and less frame rate hungry planes.However, I do agree, perhaps it is time for an AI only section.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I'm sure you didn't intend your post to sound so harsh, Martijn. Pollution? That's a pretty strong word for something done for free by someone who loves the hobby and wants to contribute. I do agree though that it would be nice to have a new "AI" category, as they're getting popular now and will only grow more common after Ultimate Traffic is released, I'd bet.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I'm going through a massive AI update phase at the moment. It's extremely useful to have the variety of paintjobs about that there are but I agree with the above comments. It would be nice to filter them into their own section for new downloads. The category for modified aircraft etc. has become a little too broad IMHO. It's sometimes difficult to find what you're looking for as a result.

Guest Captain Barfbag

I like to think of many of these planes as "upgrades." The AI Aardvark planes are much more frame-rate friendly than many of the older models I've been using. I've "decommissioned" some of my earlier models and replaced the with newer Aardvarks. Still, I wish all of the people concentrating on AI would give Boeing a vacation and concentrate instead on some regionals. Project AI has provided a number of paintkits for turboprops, and I'm finally purging the Orbit and Landmark flights from my Far East locations.

Guest oyvindhansen

Actually there are too few AI repaints, somthing you will discover when you get seriously addicted to AI. I have for instance never seen a BA repaint of the FSP A319, and only recently did I manage to locate 767 repaints for UA. Many FSP paints never even reach the Avsim library, but are rather put on the painter's own obscure site, which tend to be written in japanese.There should be room for both, but a separate AI-category is a good idea. And, btw, I'm sick of seeing multiple seemingly identical AA paints for every flyable airliner in the library.- Oyvind

Guest WorkingStiff

What is an "A1" plane? Is it one where the only serve steak dinners?I agree that there are many AI planes but you have to realize that as more people get involved in setting up their own AI traffic, they are discovering ways to create aircraft that don't unduly affect framerates so you keep seeing better AI models....and consequently even more repaints.