Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Weather 10,238,734,322 Released

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Is it just me or is everyone else wondering WHY THE HECK ARE ALL THESE WEATHER PROGRAMS COMING OUT?I own FSMeteo & ActiveSky wxRE and find that is quite sufficient. Even a freeware weather program will work fine.Hopefully I won't need any of them in another 2 months with COF.Just had to chime in especially since the latest thread on the other latest weather program.On the other hand I appreciate that people want to take the time and make this hobby even better but I just wish people would work on other areas that need attention like giving us an addon with moving vehicles on roads like FS2K.

I agree with the further developments you request to be done, but I think there is such an interest in this area of development of weather, because weather itself is interesting. Plus to change the parameters of flight simulator are so much more difficult to do.Weather is uncontrolable by man...We make our attempts, but are unable. We are brought to a place of littliness when we experience the weather at its most awesome moments.For me personally - I see the weather in Flight Simulating the most important element next to flying itself. Where does one spend most of their time in? - The Atmosphere! The fluidity of the atmosphere and its unpredicability play such important role in creating a realistic environment in flight simulation. There are times when I enjoy sitting on the tarmac or taxing to the runway and delaying my take off, just because the weather is constantly changing.That is my two cents!

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

I agree 100% and I CANNOT WAIT for FS2K4 with the advancement of weather. I guess what I was TRYING to say is that every time we turn around there is ANOTHER WEATHER program just manipulating the values from FSUIPC. Not REAL advancements in weather.The clouds from Chris Willis with FSSKY are FANTASTIC. The problem is that the core engine (FS2K2) is still too limited for break throughs right now. Let's give the weather a rest and work towards other aspects. One other thing ESPECIALLY which I investigated and got no where was being able to see Airport Beacons from MILES OUT! That would help for night flights. But then again WHO NEEDED them when you could see the airport for 5,000 miles! :-rollOnce again though, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who love to work on advancing the sim. Without them NONE of us would have our interest peaked enough I DON'T THINK to just use the sim by default without at least 1 addon either payware or freeware.